Monday, June 28, 2010

That Song In My Head

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while now, you know I love to sing. I seem to have passed that love of music on to my two younger kids. (Alexis prefers to dance!) You can find them both wandering around aimlessly humming tunes, or singing lyrics to whatever song is stuck in their heads at the time. We are all HUGE fans of Glee, and usually have Glee soundtracks plugged in on my iPod, and in my van as well.

Lately, Jordan has been obsessed with Glee’s remake of Lady Gaga’s Poker Face. Since she walks around singing it so much, it’s frequently stuck in my head as well. A few days ago, she demanded that I take a video of her and sing Poker Face with her. (She’s quite a demanding little mite. Don’t let that sweet face fool you!) It came out so cute with her talking over the music, and the adorable little faces she makes when she does sing that I had to share. Be sure not to miss the last few lines for the cutest faces ever! I may be a bit biased there but I don’t care. I’m a Mom. It’s my job.

Other news from the past few days:

1.) I’ve learned NEVER to leave my toothbrush where my 3 year old can get to it. EVER! I’m just wondering what else he was doing with it before I caught him. A true germaphobic nightmare. Ugh!

2.) Brandon’s spider bite is completely healed. There is just a little bit of discoloration to the skin. We are so lucky!

3.) Alexis behaved amazingly well all week long. Needless to say, she got rewarded for it and we are hoping for as good of a week this week.

4.) I watched the best movie with Ronnie on Saturday. It’s called Extraordinary Measures and it stars Harrison Ford, and Brendan Fraser. It was a tearjerker, such an awesome movie! I give it five stars! You can see the trailer here… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUCXtdTlUrk

5.) Jordan recently told her friend “I can’t play with you because you lie too much, and I don’t like it.” I can’t figure out if I should fuss at her because she was rude, or admire her for standing up for herself.

6.) I bet you’re wondering what Brandon’s favorite song is lately since I told you what Jordan’s is… Taio Cruise Break Your Heart. That’s right future girlfriends. Beware!

7.) My scrappy mojo has returned! Be prepared for a TON of layouts to be shared, soon.

8.) Ideas for Scrapbookers has a fun post coming up tomorrow about Book of Me layouts. I know many scrapbookers forget to scrap themselves, so be sure to come check it out.

That’s it for tonight! Ronnie will be home with Lexie from gymnastics in a few minutes, and I have to make it look like I did something other than blog the whole time he was gone!

8 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

so cute...jordan is adorable..."but momma...I don't think they can hear me!" You have a beautiful voice.

Heather Landry said...

Yeah, when I was taping... I could hear her perfectly. Sigh. I guess that's what I get for using my camera to take video. Now when I go back and watch it I laughed.

JadeCook said...

is that you singing? WOW you have a nice voice! I loved the video. My mom wanted to watch Extraordinary measures so I have it on my Netflix list.

Laurie! said...

Extraordinary Measures is based on a real family in Princeton, NJ. Here's the link to read an article about it online: http://njmonthly.com/articles/lifestyle/people/a-dads-quest-for-a-cure-comes-to-the-screen.html

Heather Landry said...

Thanks Jade!

Laurie,

Thank you for the article! I'm off to read it now.

Agnes said...

Awwww Jordan.... so adorable :-)))
And oh my goodness Heather, your voice!!! Beautiful!

Amanda Sevall said...

Who knew you were such a singer?! LOL Biased or not, you are right, Jordan is adorable!! Love her comments throughout the video. :) I LOVE Glee. Hate having to wait all summer for more new episodes!! lol

Leah. said...

So cute!!!!! *sigh*

You should NOT fuss at Jordan for telling that girl she was a liar. I wish I had the guts to tell a few people that! Good for her! That is what is wrong with the world today. Nobody stands up for themselves anymore and I for one think she's fantastic :)

Ummmm, the toothbrush thing has me freaking out too! One of the girls at work said her 12 year old nephew has been cleaning the toilet with Mom's toothbrush because he's not happy with the rules around the house.

I wonder if Jordan would ever....