Friday, July 30, 2010

Crazy

I was completely shocked the other day when I tried to copy something to my computer and it rejected it because I didn’t have enough room on it?! WHAT? This laptop is HUGE with a dual core processor, and I bought it specifically for digital scrapping. It turns out, my digital supply obsession has gotten out of control! I have over 30 GB of digital supplies alone.

That’s not counting completed layouts that I’m waiting to print. Then, on top of that I have 12 GB of music. (That’s my other obsession.) I have a lot of other junk on here too. It’s ridiculous!

I’ve embarked on a massive deleting, tagging, and organizing mission. It’s taking up a lot of my time, but it’s going to all be worth it in the end. I’ll be able to find things much quicker. I’m pretty sure that Santa Claus is going to have to bring me an external hard drive for Christmas because I don’t picture myself not buying digital supplies anymore.

I have also been scrapbooking, but then I’m sure you already knew that! I have quite a few layouts to share.

Cheeky25_1

I can feel my Mom cringing right now. Sorry Mom! It's a darling photo!

Journaling: I love this cheeky photo of my Mom when she was two.

Supplies: Manda Girl's Vacation Template #3, Audrey Neal's Fresh Kit from The Daily Digi, Jen Allyson's Solid Orange & Co. Notions Papers, Heather Roselli's Play Kit (Orange Paper Recolored), Bren Boone Designs My New Story Kit (Green Felt Leaf Recolored), Sweet Shoppe Designs Memories Kit (Alpha), and Typewriter font.

HL_GoodDog

Journaling: Lady's routine is the same every day. She eats, then sleeps. She's getting older, but she's a good dog! May 2010

I used my July Scrapbook Deals 4 You kit featuring Max and Whiskers paper from Basic Grey. I was inspired by Inspired Blueprints Sketch #48.

Other supplies: Creative Imaginations Brown Glitter Alphabet, Brown Embroidery Floss, Unknown Brown Ribbon, and Unknown Felt Button.

HL_FureverFriends

Journaling: Lady was supposed to be MY dog! You can see how well that is working out here! 8/2009

I used my Scrapbook Deals 4 You July kit featuring Max and Whiskers papers from Basic Grey. I was also inspired by Inspired Blueprints sketch #52.

Other supplies: October Afternoon Mini Market Alpha, and Creative Imaginations Brown Glitter Alpha.

HL_Stubborn

You should be able to read the journaling. If you can’t, click on the image above for a larger view.

Supplies: Manda's Scrappin' Creations Template, Jennifer Barrette Designs' Feet in the Sand Kit, Traci Reed Kinda Cleen Bad Sewing Machine Stitching, Zoe Pearn Small & Mighty alpha, Vaguely Repulsive Font, Faith True's Wooden Frame (Right), and Flerg's SYTYCD W2 Frame (Middle).

RoadTripWeekend2_1

You should be able to read the journaling. If you can’t, click on the image above for a larger view.

Supplies: Scrapbooks Etc. Quick Collage (Road Trip), Audrey Neal's Road Trip paper and embellishments, Wild Dandelions Fun on the Fourth kit (Yellow Button), Vaguely Repulsive Font, Emily Giovanni Black Paper, Flergs SYTYCD Everyday Kit (Cork Paper), and Bellisae's Endless Love Kit (Red Prima Flower).

DSC021576_1

Journaling: Brandon, I love how nothing makes you happier than being outside in the sunshine. Your smiles make me so happy! August 2008

I used my Scrapbook Deals 4 You July kit featuring Max and Whiskers paper. I was inspired by Sassy Lil' Sketches July 21st sketch, and I used the title/lyrics from the Scrapping the Music Challenge.

Other supplies: Light Blue and Brown Bazzill Cardstock, Brown Cats Eye Ink, Unknown Felt Flower Button, Black Embroidery Floss, and Creative Imaginations Brown Glitter Alpha.

DSC021516_1

10/2007 My baby swimming in the kitchen sink. Journaling: Brandon loved bathing in the kitchen sink. He was a cute little fish!

I used my July Scrapbook Deal 4 You kit featuring Max and Whiskers papers. I was inspired by a layout by Shannon Zickel on page 104 of August 2009’s Scrapbooks Etc.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Love all the LO's. I am sure you will have a great time with your food processor!!!

Leah. said...

Deleting and organizing files is such a pain but so nice when it's done! It's amazing how quickly it piles up huh?

Love all your layouts and I can't wait for your review!

Amanda Sevall said...

Look forward to seeing what you think of the food processor too. I see an EHD in your future.... there is no way to stop buying digi scrap supplies!! Oh and you forgot to mention the fonts too... LMAO ;) Have a great time visiting your family this weekend!!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Can't wait to hear about the food processor. Good luck with the computer. Love all the layouts! Have a great time with your grandparents.

Jane said...

Well you already know I love your layouts!! So I won't comment again but the job of deleting stuff on your computer? that is a job, I have done the same thing before..I try to empty my digi supplies on to disc now as soon as I see my puter getting full!!
I can't believe that your kids go back to school on the 9th wow! I think they start here the last week of August and that seems early to me!!