Monday, July 19, 2010

Muddy Water

I am an Aunt again! Zachary is my 2nd nephew and he is cute as all get out. He looks a whole lot like his older brother Christian.

100_1347

My Mom came up this weekend to visit. She and I took the kids to Fountainbleau State Park in Mandeville, Louisiana. I got some photos of the kids that I love, and that always makes for a good weekend. This photo only shows about half of the huge live oak tree that Brandon was trying to climb. He’s such a typical boy!

DSC02391

Mom and the girls taking a break on a limb of the oak tree. The tree was so huge that the limbs were actually lying on the ground in places.

DSC02411

The lighting in this photo, and the look on her face just makes me sigh. She wasn’t very cooperative with smiling for photos, but I was lucky enough to capture this one.

This is my niece, the OTHER Lexie! She became a big sister again this week, so she’s had a lot of excitement going on lately. She’s growing up to be such a pretty girl!

DSC02422

Usually when the other Lexie comes over to play, the girls fight like cats and dogs. I’m happy to say that they didn’t this time, and Brandon even got in on the love too. This photo just makes me smile.

DSC02448

After the kids let me take photos, I rewarded them by bringing them to the beach by the lake in the same state park. They played in the fountains too. They kept stepping on the fountains to make the water stop flowing and giggling.

DSC02485

I totally love this photo. It is my new desktop background. You can see the muddy water in Lake Ponchartrain. I didn’t let my kids swim because I checked the beach advisory site before heading out and there was a warning against swimming. So they played in the sand and dipped their toes in the water. They still had a blast.

DSC02496

This is my favorite photo of Alexis from our trip. She really loved kicking the sand around, but wasn’t a big fan of the “dirty water”. She thinks all water should be crystal clear so she can see where she’s putting her feet. I don’t blame her! I love how the wind was blowing her hair. Even though it was windy, it was NOT cool. It was ridiculously hot and we were only able to stay for about an hour.

DSC02501

I’m looking forward to a more relaxing time this week, with less appointments so I’m excited about that. Hopefully I’ll get some time to scrapbook!

7 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

Congratulations on your new nephew!! How exciting!! :) Gorgeous photos of the kids -- looks like you had a great weekend. Hope you have fun scrapbooking this week -- look forward to seeing everything you create!! :)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Love all the photos. Glad you had a good time with your Mother.

Leah. said...

Ohhhhh, such amazing photo goodness this week! I love each and every photo so much!

Congrats on being an auntie! Those water photos make me want to get straight to the beach!

Wendy Rasbach said...

Zachary is cute as all get out! Love the pictures--especially the one of Brandon trying to climb the tree. I see a scrap page with that picture in your future! :)

Michelle said...

Great shots, Heather!! But, I already told you that earlier!! ;) I am glad you had a great time with your mom!!! Have fun with the new baby in the family!! They are so precious!! If it makes you feel any better, the weather has been very humid and warm here too. Just so you know you aren't the only one... we are getting up here as well! :)

Agnes said...

Oh my, Zachary is adorable :-) And I love love love the photo of Jordan!

עינת said...

I'm new to your blog. what great photos of the kids. You have a lot to scrap with.