Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Praying for Time

I haven’t had a ton of time to scrapbook lately. With Summer winding up, things are getting crazy around here. We’re trying to cram in last minute activities, and doing back to school preparations. All fun, but not very conducive to scrapping! Here are the few layouts I’ve managed to come up with…

DSC0233220_1

For a challenge on a site where we had to use blue and green, bling, two photos of ourselves, and use a "diva related" title and journaling.

I really struggled with this one because, I am so not a diva according to the regular definition of diva. (Someone girlie, spoiled, demanding, famous, etc.) I'm rather low maintenance. LOL

Journaling: Even though I don't wear makeup every day or always remember to pluck my eyebrows, I am still a diva. I am a strong, positive, vibrant woman! Heather May '10

I was inspired by Ally Scraps June Sketch. I made the spiral flower centers and tucked bling down into them.
Other supplies: Making Memories Velvet Brads, and Unknown Bling.

NoMatterHowSmall2_1

Journaling: I love this Dr. Seuss quote because it reminds me to take time to listen to your thoughts and feelings about things. Even though you are small, your opinions always matter to me. Love, Mom Brandon James Landry

Supplies: Elegant Word Art (Title), Audrey Neal's 123 Template, Audrey Neal Organic Kit (Wooden Button), Paislee Press Fresh Linens Kit (Frame), Meredith Fenwick Acrylic Star, Connie Prince's Deck the Halls Kit (Brown Ribbon), Fonts are Typewriter and Darcy Baldwin's Britney, Gina Cabrera's Kraft paper, Audrey Neal's Spring Sing Kit (Solid Paper Recolored), Flergs Staple from SYTYCD kit, and Jen Allyson's Notions Blue & Co. paper pack.

DSC0212012_1

Journaling: We made spooky spider cupcakes for Halloween. Jordan ate at least three spiders! Oct. 2009 Heather and Jordan J. Landry.

I used my October 2009 Scrapbook Deals 4 You kit with a few additions.

I also used a sketch from The Color Room's #12 palette, but not the color scheme. Other supplies: SEI Black Orchid Alpha (Green)

DSC021088_1

Journaling: I laugh every time I see this photo! Me, my brothers, and my best friend Lisa Smelser, all dressed up to go trick or treating. My brothers and I were vampires, + Lisa was an Indian princess. I even wore my black nightgown to complete my scary costume! 1997

I used a July Pagemaps Sketch. The stitching took half of forever! I also used my October 2009 Scrapbook Deals 4 You kit. (With a few additions!)

Other supplies: Black embroidery floss, Bo Bunny Boo Crew Rub Ons (Spider), 7 Gypsies Halloween Sticker, and Green Glitter Chipboard Thickers.

6 comments:

Laurie! said...

Awesome awesome layouts!! I love your work!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love the work you have done. i will pray that more hours come in a day as well. maybe it will happen. hee hee

JadeCook said...

always enjoy your LO's! And thanks for the comment on my blog. I think you're the only one who comments lol

Amanda Sevall said...

I've been stalking that July Pagemaps sketch now for a couple of weeks... time to break down and make a layout now that I see yours!! So cute!! Glad to see you back in the scrappy room -- love all the new layouts!! :)

AMKrogsgaard said...

All fantastic LO's. And, lady, you look *fabulous*!!!!!!

Leah. said...

Oh I wish my kids were going back so I could pack and clean in peace!

Love your layouts chicky, especially the first one with YOU in it :)