Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Read A Book

We have a lot going on here as usual! We spent this past Saturday in the emergency room with Jordan. One of the side effects of her medicine is constipation. She didn’t go for days, and she got impacted and ended up with a 102 fever. She was really lethargic and refused to eat or drink. I brought her to the emergency room and we spent five hours there. She’s all better now. She just gets sick so easily.

Lately I’ve been going to lots of appointments with the kids. I haven’t had much time to scrap, clean house, or anything else. Today we took a break and went to the party celebrating the end of the Summer reading program at the library. I can’t believe the Summer is almost over! My kids go back to school on the 9th. I’m already working on buying school supplies and uniforms.

Here are a few photos from the library party! Aren’t they cute? Lexie had a rainbow painted on her face. Brandon had an ice cream cone, and Jordan had balloons. I was really surprised that Brandon sat still and let the woman paint his face.

DSC02348

They got to ice and decorate cookies with sprinkles. When they finished decorating, they ate them of course!

DSC02351

On the way home, I got a phone call from the psychiatrist’s office. Alexis’ blood work came back and they discovered that her cholesterol is high. I can not for the life of me figure out how it would be high. She eats tons of fiber, fruits, and vegetables. I don’t feed her anything fried, and we rarely go out to eat. My grandma thinks it’s a side effect of one of the medicines she’s on, but I haven’t been able to find it listed in any of the literature. She’s going to see the pediatrician next week for a repeat blood test to make sure it wasn’t just an inaccurate result. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Later in this week I’ll be posting a digital template that I made from a recent layout of mine, so be on the look out for that Thursday!

9 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

Psychiatrists Office?! I giggled a little. ;) I hope she's feeling better soon. Must be a wrong test result or something a medication is causing. I have to agree with you on that!! :) Look forward to seeing your template!!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Big hugs...So sorry about J. Poor baby. All those medicines that A is on for her issues must just wreck havoc on her system. Even if it isn't in any of the literature, the combination might be having some effect. Does the birth family have a history of cholesterol issues?

Michelle said...

Heather, so sorry to hear about Lexie and Jordan. I am glad Jordan is feeling better. :) I am with Nancy. I think she is onto something. If it isn't just one med, maybe a chemical reaction of the all together. Here's hoping the next test comes back fine!! Big hugs to you. Give the kids a hug from us here too!!

Amanda Sevall said...

Just to clarify.... my comment was supposed to say "Psychiatrists Office?! Don't you mean Pediatrician's Office?! I giggled a little." Meaning I thought it was a typo. :)

JadeCook said...

sorry to hear about Jordan going to the ER! And poor Alexis. I hope her blood pressure situation gets resolved. That is pretty crazy that a little girl has high blood pressure lol.

Jane said...

Poor Jordan! glad she's better and I will keep fingers crossed for Lexie...I have high cholesterol but I'm old!! lol!! hope the next text comes out much better!! Love the photos of the painted faces and unpainted Brandon!!!

JadeCook said...

how do you add search box to your blog? that sounds awesome!!

~*~ Stephanie ~*~ said...

Oh my - it's always something isn't it?!?!

I agree that it could maybe be a combination of meds working against each other that is causing the high cholesterol reading?

Have the dr's put Jordan on anything for constipation at all? Nick has serious chronic constipation and has to take miralax every day (other wise we end up with a miserable little guy just like your Jordan was feeling! :(

Elizabeth said...

Oh geez, glad J is doing better, and best of luck on the retest. Sounds like a great day at the library party.