Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Animal Instinct

Today I’ve been really sick, and all I accomplished was taking a nap! Yesterday, I was more productive! I finished this layout for my Scraptastic Club design team assignment. I received the super cute My Mind’s Eye Alphabet Soup for Girls paper and embellishments.

Capture

It is SUCH a cute kit! I squealed like a girl when I opened it and saw all of the gorgeous papers. When I saw that the brad package had a zebra brad, I knew exactly which photos I wanted to scrap with it. Here is my first layout!

HL_WildAnimals

Journaling: On our visit to Global Wildlife last April, I wasn't sure who was wilder. My kids or the animals? I think the animals were pretty domesticated. Their table manners may have been better than my kids'. Isn't that scary?

To get the brads through the chipboard flowers I used my hole punch. I had to hammer the goodness out of it to make a hole in them, but I like how they ended up so it was worth all of the work!

I also made a coordinating sketch/digital template. Scroll down to see the preview!

HL_WildAnimalsPrv

If you want to save it as a sketch, just right click on the image and then click “Save As”. If you want the layered template freebie, click here to download. Enjoy!

Thanks!

5 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

super, super cute! love the layout, love the sketch.

Flamingo Scraps said...

Very cute! I love the journaling. Sorry to hear you were sick - hope today's a better day!

Amanda Sevall said...

What an adorable layout Heather!! The sketch is fabulous too... definitely going to have to use it!! And I hope you feel better... you sure got a lot done despite it yesterday!! Get some rest!! :)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh my goodness, I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself 'cause no one else will do it for you.

Love the layout.

Leah. said...

Love your sketches! Feel better soon k?