Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing

I’m back to reveal the rest of the design team layouts that I did with September’s Scraptastic Club kit! As you know from my previous post, I received the super cute My Minds Eye Alphabet Soup for Girls kit. Here are my creations!

I made one about my girls coloring with chalk on my front porch.

HL_MyFrontPorch

Journaling: I had the prettiest porch on our street after the girls drew on it!

I made the flowers on my Cricut. Then I layered them with the chipboard ones from the kit and curled the edges of the petals. The brads were my favorite part of this kit. The designs were just too cute. I used them on every layout and still had more left over even after I ran out of paper!

(Black Alpha, Stickles and Kraft Paper not included in the Kit.)

I also created this layout as a response to the bullying Jordan’s been experiencing at school lately.

HL_YouAreBeautiful_1

I wanted to remind Jordan not to take the other little girls' words to heart. I used lyrics to the song "Beautiful" from Christina Aguilera.

Journaling: "You are beautiful. No matter what they say. Words can't bring you down." -Christina Aguilera.

Jordan, I know it hurts your heart when the kids at school pick on you. I just want you to know that you are amazing, beautiful, and fabulous! Don't take their words to heart.

(The stickles I used and the white cardstock are not included in the kit.)

Last but not least, I’d like to share this layout.

HL_Cupcakes!

This layout was supposed to be design team work too! I worked on it off and on all day yesterday. I started adhering things right before the girls got home, and then realized I wanted to spray a little Maya mist on the background paper. So I masked off a portion of the layout, and took out my Maya mist. Then the bus came.

When I came back to my scrap desk a few hours later this is what I found. Jojo had busted the child lock off of my door, grabbed my Maya mist, and had "bixed" my layout. “Isn't it pretty?!”, She asked. I said “Oh my goodness!” but in the end, I couldn't be too mad at her. Especially since I'd already done 3 layouts with the kit. I'll have to chalk it up to me learning that she can now get through the child lock on my door. I'm putting this LO as is in my album with a note that says Jordan helped here. LOL It's much funnier today, than it was yesterday!

Journaling: I called Daddy and asked him if we could bake cupcakes. He said, "Yes!" 7/2008 Bobo, Bubba + Jojo.

(The kraft paper, stickles, and pink flowers are not included in the kit.)

If you would like to get a closer look at the Scraptastic Club September kits, please click here. Jessica is also offering a My Minds Eye Alphabet Soup for Boys kit, a Pink Paislee Old School kit, and an Imaginisce Birthday Bash kit! Lots of goodies to choose from.

Also, the forums are up over on the Scraptastic Club website. I hope to see you there!

6 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Great layouts even with the "uh, oh"

Michelle said...

Love all of the LO's, but you already know that!! ;) I hope that the issue at school with the other girl does not continue and is nipped in the bud!! Feel better!!! Hugs!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

you know I love them all...especially the one that Jordan helped with! rofl. love ya sweetie.

Amanda Sevall said...

I had to laugh that she "helped" you mist the layout... it turned out fabulous and you have a great story to tell with it too!! LOL ;) I love these layouts (of course!). Hope you are enjoying your week!!

Agnes said...

I agree Heather -- Jordan is beautiful.

Leah. said...

WHAT!!!! Jordan is being bullied? What kind of person would bully Jordan? Totally ridiculous!!!! You tell her I think she's beautiful and amazing!!! So mad!