Sunday, August 22, 2010

Keep It Movin’

I have at least two blog posts planned so I’ve got to keep it moving and get all of these published! First up is my reveal featuring the fabulous August Scraptastic Club Kit that Jessica sent me for my design team assignment. It features Crate Paper Static papers and embellies. I was so excited when I opened the package because I knew exactly which photos I wanted to use!

This is the first layout I made!

Journaling: Kim + I took the boys to the park when the girls went back to school. After a Summer of playing with the girls you know they were happy to do boy things like dig and get dirty! 3/2009 Brandon + Julien

*This layout is based on a sketch/digital template that I created for Ideas for Scrapbookers. It will be posted over there next Tuesday! (Don’t worry! I’ll remind you all to go get it!)

The only thing that didn't come with the Scraptastic Club kit is the small cream alpha.

To create the guitar embellishment I layered the flourish, wings, guitar, and a star from the die cut sheet. I even used the chipboard sheet that Jessica sent me on the layout by matting the stars on it and cutting out around them for a grungy boy look. (See detailed view below for a better look!)

HL_AugDT_BoysRock_2_1

Because I create my own designs for design team layouts in Photoshop Elements, it’s really easy to create sketches and digital templates out of what I make for my own use. For the next layout, this is the sketch I came up with. You can right click and save it if you would like to use it as a sketch. (If you want the digital template scroll down!)

HL_BeachyRoadTripPrv

If you are a digital scrapbooker, I’ve also made it into a layered template freebie file. You can download it here. Whether you use it as a sketch or a template, please don’t forget to give me credit for the design! Thank you!

Here is the paper layout that I made from the sketch!

HL_BeachyRoadTrip

It’s my second layout with the August Scraptastic Club Kit! (Please note that the small gems in the center of the stars were not included in the kit.)

Journaling: We drove to Biloxi, MS to spend the day at the beach. 8/2009

After I made these two layouts I still had plenty of extras from the kit. I’ve been in dire need of boy themed birthday cards, so I created some! Here’s the first one…

HL_SmoothMovesCardI used some of the leftover die cuts as accents. I thought the drum sticks and the guitar pick worked well with the theme of the card.

The inside sentiment says...

"I hope you break out all of your smooth moves at your birthday party!"

HL_Yo!Card

This is the second card… I cut the surfboard die cut in half and placed it on either side of the ribbon to make it appear a bit bigger. The brown part of the card is actually thin chipboard. I inked everything to add definition. My son already tried to walk off with this one so I'll probably make it his birthday card next year!

The inside sentiment says...

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday Dude!

That’s it for this month’s reveal! I’m proud to say I used just about every last scrap of the kit! Head over to Scraptastic Club to check out all of the cute kits. Don’t forget to sign up to be a member! It doesn’t cost anything, and you just might win the monthly prize.

5 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

Love these layouts -- those cards are so cool!!! Love what you did with this pp set!! :)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love the new projects. great template, hope you are having a great weekend.

Michelle said...

You have done an amazing job with that kit!!! Love everything you made!!! I love the sketch as well.. saving it in my files!! ;)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Aug. 23, 2010. Thanks again.

Elizabeth said...

Every scrap wow that's great. As always your photos are divine. That first one looks like he's coming out of the picture to touch your layout, really awesome stuff.