Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quiet Time to Play

Things have gotten a lot calmer since the girls went back to school. Brandon and I don’t get into too much trouble together. It has been raining every day for a week now so visits to the park or playground have been out. Instead we are thanking our lucky stars that we have a covered carport. Even though it’s raining we can still go out there and play as long as there is no lightning.

Brandon has only recently learned how to blow bubbles. He is completely and utterly involved in it. You can see how hard he’s concentrating!

DSC02203

He is such a happy boy!

DSC02206
Another day this week I sent him outside with a popsicle. I refuse to let him eat them in the house because of the mess they make. (Especially the red ones!) I don’t know why, but I love this photo so much!

DSC02272Copy

This one is pretty cute too! He’s still my baby boy even though he’s getting bigger and more independent. He breaks my heart when he comes up and says “Wub you Momma”.

DSC02264CopyYou would think that with all of the extra time I’ve had on my hands that I would be scrapbooking like crazy. Not really! For some reason, I’ve decided to Spring clean my house in the Fall. It really needs it! During the Summer it’s hard for me to keep up with everything with all three kids here. Some things fall by the wayside. Things like wiping walls, dusting ceilings, and vacuuming under things. I’ve been taking a room a day and scrubbing the daylights out of it.

I’m also planning to make some home décor improvements around here, but that’s probably another blog post! My bedroom needs a makeover badly! We just bought a new mattress, and I want new sheets and curtains. I also want to repaint the room. We’ve repainted all of the other rooms in our house since we moved in. Our bedroom walls are still the same original color and they are beat up! I’m thinking a nice green color. Something relaxing! I’ll keep you all posted on that.

I did do a few layouts since the last time I shared. One of them even won the sketch challenge at Ally Scraps! Whoo hoo!

HL_CookieMonster

Journaling: We nicknamed you "Cookie" for a reason. When you were a baby, every time your Dad came home from work you would say "Cookie?". When he did bring them home, you would smile your cute little smile and turn those dimples on full force! As you've gotten older, nothing has changed! You are still a cookie monster. Aug. 2008

I had to make my own banner for a challenge. I'm trying to use up some of my older paper collections. This one features Basic Grey Blush.

HL_Lady Love

Journaling: Jordan shows Lady some love. 8/09 I was inspired by a Sketchy Thursday's sketch. This was another one I did to use up some older Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper.

HL_Yum

Journaling: Your favorite flavor of baby food was definitely carrots! Bubba July 2007

I used my Scrapbook Deals 4 You July kit featuring Max and Whiskers papers. I was inspired by a sketch from Debbie Gaydos. (Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE sketches? They make life SO much simpler!)

HL_ILoveYou

(This is the one that won at Ally Scraps!)

Journaling: Lexis loves her biological brother so much! It really hurts my heart to see how sad she gets when his adoptive Mom doesn't return my phone calls requesting a visit. She misses him terribly + asks about him often. Alexis + Nathan 2006

I was inspired by a PageMaps sketch that was done for the Ally Scraps blog.

HL_GoingPlaces

I used some paper and flowers that I got for winning a prize at Flamingo Scraps a while back on this one! I totally love this Prima paper.

Journaling: You really like getting into your car seat! I guess you know it means we are going somewhere. You are always up for a road trip! Brandon. May 2007

Inspired by an August PageMaps sketch from Becky Fleck.

HL_WhenISeeYouSmile

This one was also done with the same Prima Animal Bash paper! I’ve officially used it all!

Journaling: When I see you smile I just have to smile back! You brighten my life! Brandon J. Landry 6 months.

I was inspired by Michelle St. Clair's "Home/Family" layout. I ended up going off on a tangent with it when I accidentally cut my cardstock too short, but I like how it ended up in the end!

Journaling: 5/2008 Alexis got Hannah Montana clothes for her Kindergarten graduation. She had to put them on tags and all to pose.

This was made with my last Scrapbook Deals 4 You kit. It's the August one featuring Echo Park papers.

After linking and posting all of these, I think it’s possible that I did more scrapbooking than I thought I did! Speaking of scrapbooking, I have a few things I wanted to share!

Don’t forget to stop by the Scraptastic Club website! They have a drawing every month for members only! The next one will be September 1st. There’s no purchase necessary, and for September there will be three prizes instead of just one.

1st prize will be a $20.00 coupon
2nd prize will be a $10.00 coupon
3rd prize will be a $5.00 coupon

Sign up as a member here!

Also, don’t forget to stop by Ideas For Scrapbookers to check out our Summer Layout Ideas post, and our post on Stickles Ideas!

Thanks!

3 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

You know I love all these layouts already, especially the black background ones that used Animal Bash -- SO CUTE! Those pics of Brandon are adorable. Good luck with the fall "spring" cleaning and I hope you get back into the scrappy room soon!! ;)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Love, love, love all the layouts. Good luck with the redo on the bedroom and the housework.

Elizabeth said...

You've been busy! So many layouts and deep cleaning too!?!? WOW! The page of Alexis and Nathan is really beautiful great job. B looks more and more like his dad. Which side gives him those dark eyelashes?