Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shine Up My Grill

Life is getting away from me again and I’ve been neglecting my blog terribly lately. I wanted to post a little update about the things we’ve been doing with some photos to go along with it!

Last Thursday we brought Jordan to her hippotherapy riding lesson. She had her photo taken because she is going to be a jockey in one of the upcoming fundraising events. She is very excited about it. She wanted to wear her cowgirl hat in the photo, but the rule is that you have to wear a helmet in the arena. It was an interesting discussion! She can be a very stubborn little mite.

I’ve been trying to catch up on housework again. We were so busy last week that I was away from home with appointments most of the time. I was barely keeping up with clean laundry! So Saturday was spent scrubbing the house from top to bottom. In the middle of all of this, my sister in law called and asked to come over for a bit to give the kids some books that she bought them. So I rushed to finish cleaning up everything as quickly as possible, and then we barbequed and played outside with the kids.

Brandon loved the book that Steph brought so much that he refused to play in the yard. He sat on the slide in the sunshine and read. I had to take the book away from him so he could go play. I promised him I’d give it back later!

Here is the food! Yummy. Ronnie has really gotten into grilling lately. He’s cooking at least once a week especially on weekends. It’s a welcome break for me!

While Ronnie cooked, we all played in the yard. Alexis and her Uncle Brian played Frisbee and I got some fun action shots.

Jordan got her Aunt Steph to help her climb the captain’s ladder on our play set.

It was a nice afternoon all around. With the housework finished, I was able to relax and hang out with everyone. That hasn’t been the case much lately!

Sunday afternoon was race day at our house. Jordan kept trying to get Brandon to drive the NASCAR power wheel, but he refused. The loud noise makes him nervous. He was content to drive around in his “Flintstone” car. I had to giggle when they lined up to race each other.

I have one more post to catch up on with some awesome scrappy news, so stay tuned for that!

Thanks!

5 comments:

JadeCook said...

your family is so cute! You are so lucky to have them and all the craziness that comes with it :) How exciting that Jordan got her pic takin while riding! I love the racing pic! Sounds like a fun weekend! We just got a grill ourselves and I am looking forward to many weekends outside BBQing!

Agnes said...

Brandon is growing up so fast -- he's a man now! I am serious, look at his face :-D

Amanda Sevall said...

Great pics as always!! Looks like you are enjoying every minute of getting outside lately!! :)

Michelle said...

Cool pics!!! Make sure to take pics of Jordan jockeying!! I wanna see!! Love all the pics with the kids. Love the one where they are lined up racing!! Ben does that with the neighbor boy.

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

You know what is missing from those backyard photos? Those cute photos with the children happily playing and Ronnie grilling? A trampline!