Friday, September 10, 2010

Step Inside This House

I promised to share photos from the adventure Brandon and I had on Wednesday. We went to the Fairview Riverside State Park in Mandeville, Louisiana. We ended up taking the tour of the Otis House as well. Of course I took lots and lots of photos!

This is the view from the boardwalk on the Tchefuncte river. Brandon got frustrated with me because I didn’t bring his “bishing pole”. He looked at me sadly and said I wish I could’ve fished. Sigh. I’ll have to remember next time. I wonder if he would need his own fishing license.

DSC02913

This photo was also taken from the boardwalk at the river. I was experimenting with the lighting through the Spanish Moss in the oak tree.

DSC02931

Brandon was not too cooperative with taking photos. This is the look that I got when I asked him to smile. He was holding a leaf in his hand. This one was taken on the grounds of the Otis House.

DSC02943 copy

We sat on the steps of the Otis House while we waited for our tour. I was worried that Brandon wouldn’t behave, but he actually did very well. While we were sitting there, I got him to take a photo with me. I’m glad I did. This is one of my favorite photos of the two of us ever!

This is the front exterior of the Otis House. I edited the goodness out of this one because the sun was so bright it blew out part of the photo. I was able to save it by doing a vintage edit.

DSC02947

I’m not going to share all of the photos that I took on the tour, but I loved the lighting in this one. I can just picture sewing while looking out the window at this beautiful vintage sewing table. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? Look at those gorgeous wood floors too! I was drooling over them. They are original to the house and have been refinished.

DSC02968

This set of irons was really interesting. They are heavy and were so dangerous to use! Especially the one in the center with the fuel container on the back of it. They were prone to exploding! Yikes.

DSC02981

In other news, Miss Jordan has her new glasses! She was so excited when she put them on because she could actually see. I stood across the room and held up two fingers and asked her how many. You should’ve seen how thrilled she was. I was so happy for her. She picked blue frames, and they look awesome with her beautiful brown eyes.

DSC03009

In scrappy news, I’m a guest blogger again today at Flamingo Scraps! You can see my post on dressing up lollipop flowers and using Pink Paislee’s Pop Fashion papers here.

Did you see the first October sneak peek at Scraptastic Club? If you register in the forum and click here you’ll be able to see the layout that Jessica did with next month’s kit! Scraptastic Club is also sponsoring the September Thaw at Willow Traders! One of the challenges involves using a sketch I made. You can check the thread out here.

Thanks!

8 comments:

Agnes said...

Great photos Heather, and I really really like the one of you+Brandon!

Have an awesome weekend :-)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

I wanna go on an adventure. I love your photos. And really? sewing? lol...I know how much you love sewing! Love Jordan's new glasses. Congrats on another GDT!

Amanda Sevall said...

Yay for new glasses!!! How exciting!!! :) Looks like you and Brandon are enjoying your time together during the school day. Great photos -- really love that one you took of the spanish moss in the tree!!

Flamingo Scraps said...

Looks like a fun adventure! The photos are wonderful and your children are cuties.....thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Just a quick one...up here if the adult has a fishing license the kids (minors) don't need one... Great pics, Heather!! Glad you had a good time!

Sand and Sunshine said...

To cute that B wouldn't smile for you when his shirt says something about momma's happy helper.

Love J's new frames (it's so great she can see with them!!!)

I would give up on my iron all together if it blew up on me. No way, spitting hot water all over my legs while I press seems is one thing, but blowing up would be a real trip to the trash can!

Love that singer sewing machine, perhaps it has a friend that would like to come live in my Grandmother's sewing cabinet......

kim said...

pretty pics. love the vintage one of the house

Pam Callaghan said...

I love those pics, esp the ones with the sun peaking through!!