Monday, October 18, 2010

Ideas For Scrapbookers Blog Hop

We are celebrating our 1st birthday over at Ideas for Scrapbookers! It’s been a wonderful year of sharing tips, techniques, templates and more! You should have come to my blog from Nancy’s blog. Don’t worry if you are just finding out about the blog hop. I’ll post where to start at the end of this post!

My part of the celebration focuses on highlighting some of my favorite technique posts. It was definitely hard to narrow it down. My fellow contributing artists are seriously talented!

First up is a mini album idea that I’m planning to scraplift soon! Who would’ve ever thought to use a license plate as the cover of a mini album? Cathy, you totally amaze and inspire me! Check out her mini album here…

http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/10/license-to-create.html

If you want to make shabby chic pages, then you definitely need to learn to distress! I really loved Nancy’s distressing tutorial. I didn’t know that you could use water to distress your papers! Way cool. Check out Nancy’s distressing tips here…

http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/09/lets-get-distressed.html

Lisa definitely knows how to create amazing layouts! In this tutorial, she shows you how to make doily flowers! Totally gorgeous, and way easier than you would think. Check out her neat idea here…

http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/09/flower-doily-tutorial.html

My favorite tutorial by Dolores has to be these amazing net flowers that she made. It’s such an innovative idea, and she makes it look simple. I’ve printed this one out to try it later. Plus, isn’t her layout just gorgeous?! Check it out here…

http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/08/handmade-flowers-from-net-paper-hearts.html

This one is also on my to try list! The super rolled frames that Sara taught us how to make in her technique tutorial are so cool! I love how the dimension really draws your eye to the photo. Click the link below to view her idea…

http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/08/create-your-own-rolled-paper-frame.html

Last but not least, I’ve chosen this photo altering tutorial by Pammy! It helps you create a dreamy story book feel to your photos. I don’t know about you but I LOVE editing my photos. Pammy tells you how in this post…

http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/03/create-storybook-effect-for-your-photo.html

To celebrate our anniversary I also will be giving a small prize away to one visitor. (Including a pack of Thickers, and we all know how awesome Thickers are!) All you have to do is solve this little word scramble.

uttbon

birbon

kalch

prape

kni

You can leave me the answers in the comment field if you would like to enter. The winner will be chosen randomly. I’ll also give you an extra entry if you become a follower! Please note that in the comment field as well. It makes it a little easier to track.

The next stop on the blog train is Cathy’s blog!

http://scrappycath.blogspot.com/

If you just got started you can start all the way back at the beginning at Ideas for Scrapbookers to make sure you hit all of the blogs. I know I’m not the only one giving a prize, so you should definitely check all of the girls out!

Thanks!

18 comments:

belle007 said...

Ah, all the scrapping essentials unscrambled:

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink

Kelly Massman said...

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink

Thanks for a chance to win Heather!

Amanda Sevall said...

Love those doily flowers too! :) I definitely need to try those out! And here's a list of some of my favs.... ;) lol
button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink!

Laurie! said...

button

ribbon

chalk

paper

ink

Yeah!!

mela1010 said...

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

You guys sure do a fun hop... I like all the searching & brain using.... as long as I had my coffee this am...LOL

uttbon = button

birbon = ribbon

kalch = chalk

prape = paper

kni = ink

TFS all those great tuts!
Staci

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

I also became a follower! thanks again for a fun & informative stop on the hop.

Staci

Michelle said...

Button ribbon, chalk paper and ink.. Pammy's blog is always full of great inspiration!! I am glad she started it. I have used some of her sketches.. they are wonderful!! (for whatever reason, this didn't come up on my blog feed??)

Vicki said...

I am now a follower.

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink

Lexi said...

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink

And I just became a follower!

Lor said...

New follower and luv the inpsiration here on your blog! Thank you!

Fun scramble

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink

Scrapenabler said...

WOW... some really great techniques, I will be trying several of those out.

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink

I am now a follower.

Sand and Sunshine said...

My goodness busy busy! Don't need to enter me in the drawing. :-D

That old car tag words well for a bird house roof too, saw that on Etsy the other day and that was to cool.

Cindy d said...

I thought I already was a follower, but apparently I was "just" a daily reader. ;)

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink

Cindy

Joy said...

Gosh, I always thought I was a follower since I get your blog in my email. Now I'm a follower too.

The anwer are button, ribbon, chalk, paper and ink (which I have all over my fingers right now).

bakscrap said...

I am a new follower.

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink

Thanks for 2 chances to win!

KateB said...

am a newbie...how "do" we get our hands on an old license plate!?? I love that project!!!
Here's the descrambled: button, ribbon, chalk, paper and ink :)

Pamk said...

button
ribbon
chalk
paper
ink
and I'm a new follower