Friday, October 1, 2010

Saturday in the Park

Jessica made it really easy for me to pick my song/blog title for today’s post. It’s the name of the Scraptastic Club kit that I got to work with for October! Let me tell you, it was totally fun! This is the image of the main kit

Capture

It is completely packed with goodies! I also got to work with the add on as well. You can check it out below.

Capture2

Are you excited to see what I did with it? I totally can’t wait to share! When I saw the pretty flowers and butterflies that Jessica had put together, the first thing that crossed my mind was a girlie banner! I removed the brads from the centers of the flowers (I saved them for later of course!) so I could adhere chipboard letters to them. I used the super cute striped ribbon to hang the flowers on.

HL_LexieBanner

Now Lexie has an adorable addition to her room’s décor, and it was such a fun project to do! (Please note that the small flowers are not included in the kit and the buttons came from a past Scraptastic Club kit.) Here are some detailed views so you can see individual flowers up close.

See? Blingy and girlie and perfect for a little girl’s room! One more photo…

HL_BannerDetail2

That flower was my favorite. I loved the green and purple combo! Super cute!

After I finished the banner, I was immediately drawn to the die cut cloud themed paper. I designed a page around it and even added rock candy to the clouds and raindrops to make them look more wet and sparkly. You can never go wrong with bling!

HL_AprilShowers

Add in two adorable girls and a butterfly and you’ve got a super Springy layout! I loved those tiny green letters. They are so neat!

Next I scrapped one of my favorite photos ever. It’s of my son and my grandfather while they were driving his houseboat. I totally couldn’t get enough of that teal ribbon from this month’s kit! I used it on BOTH layouts.

HL_HappyTogether

I hope you enjoyed my reveal! Trust me when I say I am no where near finished with all of the goodies in this kit! In fact, I’m planning another layout today.

Before I go, I want to share an image of the second October kit. It’s called Nightmare on My Street! How creative is that?! Jessica managed to make this one cute and spooky at the same time.

Capture3

There’s an add on with it too! Lots of creepy goodies to explore.

P.S. If you’re looking for more of my sketches and digital templates I have THREE coming up in the month of October. I’ve been a very busy little scrapper lately!

Thanks!

7 comments:

AMKrogsgaard said...

Super duper adorable!

Charisma3103 said...

Really sweet hun I am still waiting on my kit can't wait I am getting antsy now...

Janie

Sand and Sunshine said...

Very cool, love that banner! And the April Showers: awesome!

Cindy d said...

Awesome kit- you did some great stuff with it!

Amanda Sevall said...

You are always a busy little scrapper!! More cute layouts -- love it!! :)

Heather Landry said...

GHCDFMB8462170

A Soldier Girl said...

I adore this layout and that ribbon of flowers TOO TOO CUTE .. those kits look promising .. trying to enable a sistah I see