Sunday, October 24, 2010

That’s What Friends Are For

I went to the pumpkin patch with Jordan’s class this past Friday. It was fun and very eventful! I had four little girls that I was responsible for including Jordan. These are the same friends who hang out with Jordan at school. One of them even holds Jordan’s hand when she walks back and forth to the cafeteria in case she trips!

I thought it would be fun to share a few of the photos I took. The first thing they did was milk the fake cow. They took turns and then promptly pronounced it to be totally gross! (It kinda was.)

DSC03576

The four of them climbed all over the hay bales. The three other girls were able to walk on them, but Jordan crawled to be sure she wouldn’t fall. She is always so determined to do everything everyone else can do. She really inspires me!

DSC03589

They all thought that the pregnant cow in the petting zoo was super cool. They kept feeling her tummy to feel the baby move. That poor Momma cow was so huge that it made me have sympathy pains!

DSC03597

One of the last things we did before lunch was rubber duckie racing with water pumps! They really loved that part.

DSC03610

We all ate lunch sitting on the ground! By that time we were just grateful to find a place to rest because it was super hot. While we were sitting there I noticed a woman from our group crying, I walked up to her and found out that her car had been broken into in the pumpkin patch parking lot. I felt so bad for her! It’s such a shame that she had to deal with that on what was supposed to be a fun day! I told her to go down there and call the cops and I watched her kids. We ended up heading back to the school early after that happened.

We were supposed to go back to the same pumpkin patch with our three kids on Saturday but my sister in law called and asked them to go over to her house. Ronnie and I had a date day instead. We went out to lunch together and went to the bookstore to grab coffee and a children’s book the kids wanted. Then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get a new skillet for me. It was fun to just putter around together but it wasn’t long before we were missing the kids.

We didn’t do too much today. We all slept in!  We were recuperating from the busy week I suppose. I did a lot of cooking and cleaning. Nothing super fun to write about. Tomorrow I’m planning to scrapbook all day long!

Thanks!

6 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

So sorry about the car break INS. Sounds like you were having fun before that. Hooray for date day. Good luck with the scrapping today.

Amanda Sevall said...

Bummer for your friend. :( Great photos -- sure seems like you are making the best of fall this year!! :)

JadeCook said...

that poor cow! Not only does she feel like a big fat mamma cow, kids get to poke at her all day lol. Sounds like a fun day besides the break in

Agnes said...

You all slept in!! Lucky you!! :-D

Sand and Sunshine said...

I love the say you said "I plan to scrapbook all day long".

That's just awful about the chaperone's car! Shame there's nothing that can be done that will ease the violation she feels.

mandi said...

Man, I wish we had a good pumpkin patch in our town. We have to get our pumpkins at the grocery store.