Thursday, October 7, 2010

What I’ve Done

I have a few photos to share of the things we’ve done over the past week or so. We have been extremely busy. I always look forward to Fall. I love the cooler weather and there are so many fun activities to participate in!

This past Thursday I went on a field trip with Jordan and her class to the St. Tammany Fair to see the 4-H exhibits. I thought these roosters had the prettiest tail feathers. While I was taking this photo they were crowing up a storm at me.

Even though Jordan swore she wouldn’t pet any cows because… “They’re too stinky Mom!” She couldn’t pass up petting this calf. She was so cute and very nervous. Jordan patted her really softly.

Friday the kids had the day off of school because the school is right next to the fair and it’s impossible to get the kids there due to traffic. They enjoyed their day off very much. We made The Pioneer Woman’s  “Muffins That Taste Like Doughnuts”. They tasted great! Jordan loves to help me cook. Here she is stirring the dough.

DSC03219

On Saturday we went back to the fair. This time we brought the kids to play and ride the rides. Alexis and Jordan got to ride ponies. Brandon was not interested at all. He’s very shy and has to be coaxed gently into new experiences. The whole fair was a bit loud and chaotic for him, but I still think he had fun. 

DSC03233

Ronnie is really good with the kids and he knows that I love taking photos at all of the little photo stops at the fair. He and the girls posed in front of this barn backdrop. Brandon was off to the side. He didn’t want to be in the photo. (Hmmm… I’m seeing a pattern!)

It’s not a fair experience without fair food. Personally, I prefer the curly fries they make. Ronnie was determined to try deep fried Oreos. He says they were good, but I wasn’t touching them. They looked icky.

DSC03245

Something you shouldn’t do after eating fried Oreos? Ride a bumblebee ride that goes in circles! LOL Ronnie, Alexis, and Jordan rode this one. Brandon wasn’t interested again. He did end up riding a car ride but the photos didn’t turn out well due to the lighting.

DSC03296

I did get this photo of him watching them ride the bee ride. He said it was “too loud”. It kinda was. I sympathize with him because I don’t like very loud noises either.

DSC03310

We spent Saturday outside due to the beautiful weather we’ve been experiencing here lately. The kids went outside and played for hours. I snapped this photo of Jordan playing soccer.

DSC03329

Monday I brought Brandon to the park! (If you read my last post you know all about it.) I had a few extra photos to share though. Brandon examining pine needles by the river.

DSC03377

Here he is climbing on the play scape in the sunshine! He was playing peek a boo with the other kids.

DSC03392

I went on a school field trip to Stennis Space Center with Alexis on Tuesday, but I don’t have all of the photos edited yet. I promise there will be a post all about that soon!

Thanks!

5 comments:

Agnes said...

Heather I love curly fries :-D

Your photos are amazing -- absolutely amazing!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Your photos are super cute. now I want fair food!

Cindy d said...

Awesome. The fair is so much fun.

Amanda Sevall said...

You have been a busy girl Heather!! Gorgeous pictures. You should totally take prof pics of people's kids when yours get a little older and you have more time (ha!) :)

Sand and Sunshine said...

I have to know more about those muffins that taste like doughnuts! Sounds like a great week.