Friday, November 19, 2010

Be Thankful For What You’ve Got

I am sure that you all have noticed the lack of personal updates on this blog lately. The reason behind that is because I was raised to believe if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. Things have been rather rough here lately, and I didn’t want to post all about it and be a negative Nelly!

Thankfully, things are looking up! Alexis has leveled out on her medicine other than a bit of hyperactivity which is MUCH better than what we were dealing with. She is being a lot more loving and less angry which is great! Jordan is doing very well in school and she is amazingly smart. She comes up with something new every day to make me laugh. Brandon is my cuddly boy. He could happily spend every spare moment of time reading books with me. His vocabulary has exploded! The other day we went to the vets office to pick up medicine for Lady and he said, “Oh NO, Momma!” “You forgot Lady!” He’s noticing cause and effect and he loves to tell me “I love you Momma.” so I’ll tell him “I love you too.” So sweet!

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it here before, but I frequently struggle to be more of a positive person. It’s definitely easier to be positive when things are looking up, but I try! So today, I’m going to list a few things I’m thankful for. Then, I’m going to come back tomorrow and do the same thing again. Feel free to chime in with what you are thankful for too in the comment section! I’d love to hear some positive thoughts!

1. I am thankful for the roof over my head, and that I have a super cool red minivan to chauffer my children around in. I’m also thankful that my awesome husband cleans it so I don’t have to.

2. I am thankful that we had the money to sponsor the other child through the Salvation Army for Christmas! I hope that through doing that we can teach our children more about what Christmas is really supposed to be about!

3. I am thankful that I will be spending Thanksgiving with my grandparents, my Mom, and the rest of my family. It will be wild and crazy, but it’s always FUN!

4. I am thankful that I got 30 minutes to shave my legs. (AKA I am thankful that I don’t look like Chewbacca anymore!) I know that’s a weird thing to be grateful for but when you have three kids time is a valuable commodity!

5. I am thankful for scrapbooking because it keeps me busy and occupied preserving my memories. I am especially thankful for the design teams I’m on that allow me to create and share ideas with them!

That’s all for today, but like I said, I’ll be back tomorrow. Oh, and speaking of scrapbooking… I almost forgot. I have MORE news!

Scraptastic Club is having a deal today for Frugal Friday! If you need alphas… you will be so excited! This huge pack of alphas retails for $20.94 but today it’s on sale for only $9.99! Hurry over there, because I am SURE these are going to sell out quickly.

abc

Don’t forget to register for Jessica Sprague’s FREE class that’s coming up. I promise, you do NOT want to miss it! Click here to go register.

Also, when you start shopping on Black Friday, don’t forget to pick up a little something for yourself! JessicaSprague.com will be having their annual holiday sale with 20% off of their amazing goodies. Plus, I just found out that if you spend $20.00 you’ll get an amazing gift! (A collaboration kit from all of the designers.) That sounds more yummy than Thanksgiving dinner to me!!! LOL The sale goes through December 31st so you have a little time to decide what you want to get!

Thanks!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You know, I am thankful for this hobby too. It keeps me occupied and my mind busy when I start thinking too much about family issues. I am grateful for the great friends I have made as well. I don't know what I would do without them (and you!!) I feel like we are sisters from another mother. There are so many commonalities in our lives, it very well could be possible!! I am grateful for Greg. He works hard so one of us can be home for our kids. You have a great list of things there. :)

Sara Zenger said...

Being positive will attract more positive things in your life! Even when you think you have had a bad day there is still good in it. You are so right to be thankful to find the time to shave your legs - I hear you!
Keep up the positive attitude!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Find the good. Great way to live your life. Scrapping rocks especially the friends we make thru our obsession.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Yep, love having food to put on the table and a table to feed it on even if we don't bother to use it all the time. Yeppers, grateful for my sloppy little house too!

AMKrogsgaard said...

I find it easy to be negative, too, and being reminded to thank my lucky stars for the good that's in my life is so important! Three girlfriends and I are sending a list of 5 thankfuls every day (for an unspecified length of time- but no matter!) to help us in that area. Its such a neat way to remember the good things when they aren't so good!

Scrapbooking is definitely my personal getaway!