Saturday, November 20, 2010

Don’t Worry Be Happy

(If you are looking for the Scraptastic Club blog hop post please scroll down.)

I’m here to continue my thankful post from yesterday but first I want to share an bit from a blog I read this morning.

be-happy-copy

If you haven’t been to the Brave Girl’s Club blog, you should click as fast as your fingers can to get over there! Their posts are SO meaningful, so supportive, and often tell me something I need to hear before I even know I need to hear it. Here’s the piece of today’s post that resonated with me…

“You burned dinner last night. You have a full day today and none of your favorite clothes fit. There’s negative stuff going on all around you. But you see the big picture…all of the goodness and abundance around you…you see that the roses are worth the thorns….and you choose to BE HAPPY ANYWAY.”

Wow. I was just talking about all of the negative stuff that I’ve been dealing with here yesterday, and then last night was awful and I just felt myself getting totally discouraged. Then I logged in this morning to see this! Things have been rough, but I have to remember to look at the goodness around me. I have to focus on the positive. If I stay positive, the negative things don’t seem so big!

So today I’m going to list my gratitudes here, and then I’m going to put up my Christmas tree and listen to Christmas music no matter who says it’s too early. Then I’m going to watch Christmas movies and drink hot cocoa with my children and my husband and I am going to BE HAPPY ANYWAY!

1.) I am grateful for blogs. I have learned so many things from so many people that I would’ve never been able to “meet” in real life. I just love that everyone can have their own little corner of the internet to say what they need to say!

2.) I am grateful for my local radio station. I turned it on this morning and there was Christmas music! Now I’ll have something to listen to while I decorate the tree.

3.) I am thankful for coffee! I don’t know what I would do without it. It helps me wake up and function. I need something to help me keep up with these busy kiddos!

4.) I’m grateful for my husband who loaded the dishwasher for me and cleaned up the kitchen without me asking this morning.

5.) I am grateful for the fact that Brandon still likes to cuddle with me. It just melts my heart. All is right with the world when you cuddle the cutest boy ever! (I’m not biased or anything!!)

That’s all for today!! Don’t forget to drop by the Brave Girls Club. I promise you won’t regret it. P.S. Bring tissues!

Thanks!

8 comments:

Lillian Child said...

So nice to meet you, Heather. I just found your blog on this hop! Love your creative style!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

So glad you are enjoying BGC. Enjoy your holiday festivities. Hugs

Julie W said...

Heather, you are one of those people who just does a great job of keeping a level head even when your plate gets fuller and fuller. Even in this rough patch, I know you have the grit to keep things going. Hugs to you!!

Cindy d said...

Such a great message! I love that you're being proactive about doing all the Christmas things you love to do, despite what others may think. I agree that the Brave Girls Club has fantastic messages... and so do you. I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you are up to.

Heather Landry said...

Julie,

I really try! Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

Cindy,

Christmas always cheers me up, and we are traveling on Thanksgiving. So Christmas is coming early this year. LOL You are so very sweet!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh yes let's all load up on a good dose of be happy anyway! LOL! I'm there girl!

verabear said...

Hi! I used to receive your feeds via email but then it stopped and I haven't visited here in a LOOOOOONg time. I rediscovered your blog via my Digiscrap links on my blog so I'm back :) I also resubscribed to your feeds.

Thanks for sharing what you're thankful, I wrote something similar a few days ago. Am definitely checking out the Brave Girls' Club too, thanks for letting us know about them.\

I am thankful for your blog too!

Vera

Amanda Sevall said...

I love that site and the e-mails!! Sounds like you have fun plans for the holidays too -- hope you have a great time!! :)