Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful

This week has found me counting my blessings a little more than usual. It’s really easy for me to get caught up in the day to day drudgery. I end up thinking that the particular situation I’m in is the worst possible. Really? In the grand scheme of things the issues that I deal with on a day to day basis are not that bad, just tiring. It could totally be worse.

I was reminded of this when my husband informed me that he decided to sponsor a child for Christmas this year though the Salvation Army. He printed out the form that the child filled out as her wish list and gave it to me when he got home from work. There was only one thing listed in the wish list box. Girl themed sheets. Sheets? Wow. My kids want the latest Wii game, or walking talking robotic toy that costs an absolute fortune and this child wants sheets. It really brings things into perspective. She didn’t even list what type of toys she liked or anything.

Today I had a shopping spree on Target.com. I called the Salvation Army center and they told me that they will not wrap the presents, so I’m having them shipped to me first so I can wrap them and then send them on to Mississippi where they will give them to her. There’s just something about unwrapping Christmas presents that’s special. I really hope that we help make her Christmas brighter. If you are interested in this project, you can check out all of the information at the link below. Ronnie and I have decided to do it yearly now.
http://angel.jcpenney.com/

In other news, I’m also super thankful for my spot on the Jessica Sprague creative team this year! I’ve already met so many wonderful girls in the short time I’ve been creating for them. I can’t get over the warm welcome I received! It’s like a huge extended family.

For my latest project, I created this layout featuring a very messy spaghetti monster named Jordan. This kid used to be VERY serious about her spaghetti. She’d even eat any that she found on her arms after she was done with what was in her bowl!

SoYummyWebMONDAY

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket’s Early Bird Paper Pack, Cosmo Cricket’s Early Bird Elements Pack, Cosmo Cricket's Oh Joy Candy Candy, and Cosmo Cricket’s Nutmeg Alpha (Recolored).

That’s all for now, but I’ve got TONS more projects coming up this week. More Jessica Sprague, some Scraptastic Club, and a little secret guest blogger stuff that I’ve been working on quietly over here! Shhh…

Thanks!

4 comments:

Laurie! said...

I love the JcPenney/Salvation Army online giving tree. I did that last year. Unfortunately, this year we can only afford to sponsor one child so I went with Jersey Cares' Frosty's Wishes program. I love getting a hand-written (or hand-drawn) letter from the kids with what they want Frosty to bring them for Christmas. So cute!

Amanda Sevall said...

Awwww.... that just breaks your heart. I'm glad that this little girl got you! Definitely going to go check it out. Love that layout and can't wait to see your guest blogging spot! ;)

Michelle said...

That little girl will love all the goodies you picked for her!! Don't you wish they would send you a pic so you can see her enjoy it. You made her Christmas a good one!!
Loving all of your digi pages!! You can tell you are having a great time with the CT!!

Sand and Sunshine said...

That's great good for you.