Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Epic

This is the longest post I think I’ve ever written so make sure you have something to drink and a comfy place to sit. Let’s get started!

Jordan had her first grade Christmas program on December 16th. Brandon was really good and let me watch the whole entire program without fidgeting. I was even able to video part of the performance. It’s not the best video because the lighting in the gym is terrible, but… Oh! I almost forgot. She’s the second one from the end that’s sitting down. She’s wearing a black hat.

On the 18th we celebrated Alexis’ ninth birthday at Chuck E Cheese’s. We were supposed to go to the zoo, but two days before the party we saw that the high was supposed to be 40 degrees that day. We had to make a last minute reservation at Chuck E Cheese’s. She still had an absolute blast and I was grateful for that.

My Mom and my niece came to the party. My niece is only 7 years old! She’s a full head taller than my Lexie.

When we came home from the party my in-laws gave the kids the bikes that they had bought them for Christmas. They brought them up in the back of their truck because there was no way that we would’ve been able to get them up here in the van.

Jordan’s bike is a Rapunzel bike and Brandon’s is Cars themed. Alexis’ is a big girl bike and is pink and purple with streamers. Brandon’s bike has a bell and the girls are super jealous. We’re going to have to buy them bells so they can annoy the neighbors too. My neighbors LOVE me.

After my in-laws left we took the kids to the store to get milk. Jordan started throwing up while we were there. She went from being completely fine to being SUPER sick. She kept apologizing to the people who came to clean it up. I helped clean and then I rushed her back to the van. She got even sicker that night and the next morning at eight o’clock I could tell she was dehydrated so I brought her to the emergency room. Her immune system is so weak due to her cerebral palsy that she catches everything. She asked me to take this picture because she was bored. Then she borrowed my camera and took pictures of all of the medical equipment.

They gave her a bunch of IV fluids and ran a million blood tests before they let her go home late in the afternoon. She had an extremely severe stomach virus. It took a few days for her to feel better, but while she was recovering the virus swept through our house like wildfire. Alexis, Brandon, and I also got it! The only person who didn’t was Ronnie.

Jordan and I pulled a fast one on Ronnie a few days later when we told him we were going grocery shopping. Instead, we snuck out to Lowe’s and bought him a chiminea for Christmas. Since it was SO big and we couldn’t possibly hide it we gave it to him when we got home. It was the perfect present because I bought the same thing for my Mom and when Ronnie saw it he started fussing that he wanted one.

We built a fire and made Smores for the kids. They weren’t interested in watching the fire, but they sure loved the chocolate!! LOL

We went down to my grandparent’s house for Christmas Eve. We got there a little bit early so we walked up the levee next to my grandparent’s house instead of waking them up from their naps.

It’s such a pretty view up there. We even saw a huge ship pass in the river! Brandon was particularly impressed.

When we got back to the house, the kids got to feed the goats bread. I didn’t let them go into the pen due to the fact that it had been raining. It was super muddy!

My grandpa made an amazing seafood gumbo for dinner and the kids piled up on the stairs (AKA the kid’s seating) and tore into it. Alexis and Brandon especially loved it. They cleaned their bowls! Jordan never eats much, but she did try it. 

When we were done with dinner the kids acted out the nativity story as a reminder of why we celebrate Christmas! As usual everyone wanted to be IN the manger with baby Jesus (Brandon). Mary (Jordan) bullied her way into the bucket for the second year in a row.

My Mom loved the chiminea that we bought her too. This was her reaction! Priceless. LOL

I also got this really cute photo of me and my newest nephew Zachary! I don’t think I’m very photogenic but I really liked this one.

The next morning the kids were super excited that Santa came. I was not super excited when I loaded these photos on the computer and discovered that my camera settings were wrong when I took these. I guess that’s what happens when you take photos at five in the morning. I was able to salvage a few but some really cute ones were just too blurry. Oh well. Live and learn right?

They all got pillow pets from Santa. Alexis got a penguin, Jordan got a dolphin, and Brandon got a bumblebee.

Jordan got a real wooden baby doll bed and she is totally in love with it. See?

After we finished opening all of the presents and putting most of the stuff together we headed to Ronnie’s parents house for another Christmas celebration!

They were all spoiled rotten there too! They now have so many toys that it looks like Toys R Us threw up in here. I’m still trying to find storage solutions for everything. Wish me luck that it works!

We also celebrated Ronnie’s birthday when we were over there even though his actual birthday is today. He’s 32! Happy Birthday Ronnie. I love you!

In other news, I have been going through scrapbooking withdrawals lately! The last page that I scrapped before yesterday was on the 16th. That’s over a week without scrapbooking a single thing! I think it’s a new record for me and one I don’t want to repeat!

Yesterday I was able to make a paper page with two of my Scraptastic Club kits! I used the “Holy Mittens, Santa” kit and the “Yuletide Tinsel” kit.

Journaling: Alexis + Jordan are very merry girls. They can’t wait for Santa to come to our house! Dec. 2009

I also finished a digital layout with fabulous supplies from The Queen of Quirk at JessicaSprague.com.

MerryChristmas2010WEB_1

Journaling: Christmas Eve at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house in Port Sulphur, La. December 24, 2010

Supplies: The Queen of Quirk's Reindeer Games Embellishment Pack, The Queen of Quirk’s Reindeer Games Paper Pack,  and The Queen of Quirk's Scrap Canvas Memento Template.

If you’ve stuck with me though this long post… Thank you! I hope that each and every one of you have a very Happy New Year. I will be back soon to post about my New Year’s resolutions.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Cindy d said...

Indeed an epic post! My favorite picture is of the kids on the stairs. What a creative version of the "kid's table"!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Your post isn't so long....love the photos.

Sara Zenger said...

I love the page made with the bw photo of the girls! Adorable!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Love the snow falling through your pictures - glad you had a nice Christmas.

Amanda Sevall said...

Epic? Nah!! Lots of cute pics and fun stories!! That last page is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Definitely going to have to scraplift that design ;) and I love the kid's table -- that is so cool!! :)