Thursday, December 9, 2010

Let it Snow! (Please?)

The kids were super disappointed when we didn’t get any of the snow that was forecast a few nights ago. I’ll be honest and say I was pretty bummed about it too! So I went back and looked for the photos from the big snow storm we got in 2008 and I got my snow fix by scrapping them.

I used my Scraptastic ClubHoly Mittens, Santa” kit on all three of the layouts below. The colors are just totally amazing! I loved working with it!

In this first layout, I used Sure Cuts A Lot software and an .svg file to create the layered snowflakes. I also added Stickles and gems to them as well. My favorite part of this layout is the stitched background paper. I didn’t do it! It came like that. I only wish I could sew that well!

ColdOutsideWeb

Here’s another snow themed layout! The snowflakes on this one were also created in SCAL, but I used the shadow feature and increased the shadow size to get the full look on the white layer of the snowflakes. If you look carefully, this one is super blingy. It was hard to get it all to show up in the photo but the white shadow layers of the snowflakes are covered in huge flecks of iridescent glitter. This paper was perfect for scrapping how happy Lexie was during that same snow storm! I loved the little snowflake stamps that were included in this kit. I used them on two out of the three layouts!

DSC04295

Last but not least is a layout about Brandon. He wasn’t as thrilled with the snow as the girl’s were. He climbed in his little plastic car and was really upset that he couldn’t roll it though the snow. He just sat in the car and looked disgruntled. It still cracks me up thinking about it. I thought the “Warm Wishes” tag was perfect here because he was definitely wishing it was warm!

DSC04308

That’s all of the projects I have done so far for this month’s kit! Be sure to stop by Scraptastic Club to check out the other kit that Jessica is offering this month. It’s called Yuletide Tinsel! Jessica sent it to me as a Christmas present so I’ll be working with that as well! (She’s SO awesome!) It’s got super fun colors that I can’t wait to work with.

Thanks!

6 comments:

Sand and Sunshine said...

To cute love the glitter letters!

Wendy Rasbach said...

Heather, I would be happy, HAPPY, to share some Michigan snow with you! We have three more inches and freezing rain coming tonight as well. If only that would work! We could swap sunshine for snow. :)
LOVE the layouts--especially the one with the stitched cardstock. It rocks! I just bought that same cardstock this week as well. Can't wait to get some play time with it. Hope all is going well for you! :) Wendy

Amanda Valentin said...

Lovely layouts!


You've been hit with a blog award :)
http://amandasscrappyadventures.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-blog-award-time.html

Michelle said...

You already know I really like your pages!! :) If it would work, I would send you the 8 inches of snow we are to get between tonight and tomorrow. :P But, along with my snow, you have to take my -1 below zero temps (that is supposed to be the actual temp!)!

Laurie! said...

I LOVE the stitching on that background paper! Such cute cute layouts you've made.

Amanda Sevall said...

These are fabulous of course! Hope you get your snow you are wishing for soon!! :)