Sunday, December 5, 2010

So Cold

It’s been such a long time since I crocheted anything. (I’m talking YEARS!) My friend Liz keeps putting up gorgeous knitting projects on her blog so she totally inspired me to pull out my yarn. I followed an easy online tutorial on YouTube and crocheted this hat in ONE night. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for Alexis but this little elf found it and busted it. Oh well! It’s cold now and she can use it. He’s lucky he’s cute…

DSC03354

Now the elf wants a hat of his own in “boy colors”! I think I need more hours in the day.

Thanks!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

One night, you must have remembered way more than I did from my days of trying to make yarn pretty. I would love to give it a go, do you have the link, maybe if it spoon feeds me, I can manage to remember how :) It is very cute btw, I think he is working the pink :)

Heather Landry said...

Thanks Kristin!!! Here is the link. It was super simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cq9ivY-FAw

I'm going to leave it on your blog too in case you don't check back here.

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love the pink hat. i don't care what ronnie says! lol

Kristin said...

Thanks so much! I just got it and sent you an email with the snow script and website, it's so fun! Especially since I don't get real snow :) Thanks for stopping by :)

Sand and Sunshine said...

To cute! Love those colors too. What a stinker - I suppose he cemented getting his own hat this way! :-) I don't crochet I know it goes faster than knitting (as DH flies when he makes stuff) but it's a little intimidating!

Kim A. said...

Wow, all in one day!!!!! That is super cute....I hope he gets his own.

Amanda Sevall said...

How cute!! I think you totally rocked it.... and so did Brandon!! lol :)

Silly Saskatchewan said...

Thanks so much for posting the link to the video. I was just about to ask that :)