Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Up On The House Top

This past weekend we went to see Santa Claus. It was drizzling off and on and was much colder than we are used to. The kids waited patiently in line. I was so proud of them!When we got up to him Jordan chatted with him for a few minutes. That’s a big deal because she’s been scared of him for YEARS! Alexis told him what she wanted for Christmas while she sat on his lap. Jordan preferred to stay in her wheel chair. Brandon wanted nothing to do with the whole thing. He buried his head in my shoulder and shut his eyes tight. He’s such a shy little man.

Here’s our family Christmas photo for 2010. We do this every year and it’s so fun to look back and see how the kids have grown. They all asked for Pillow Pets this year. Brandon wants a bumblebee, Jordan wants a dolphin, and Alexis wants a penguin.

Christmas2010

Jordan and Brandon rode on one of the free rides. They shrieked like mad and thought it was a blast. Alexis didn’t ride. She told me that it was a “baby ride”. Sigh.



She did agree to get in the sleigh to pose for photos. She has such a pretty smile! Don’t ask me what face Jordan is making in this photo. She was so excited she went cross eyed! It’s not the greatest photo, but it makes me smile so I kept it!



We walked around looking at all of the lights. They had a Cajun Christmas display with a crawfish and alligator at a fishing camp. I couldn’t pass up taking a photo.



Then there’s this one. The entire reason for the Christmas season! The nativity figurines were much more cooperative than my children were about being still for photos.



I tried to get a good photo of everyone when we were leaving in front of the huge water tower that they light up with lights every Christmas. This was the best one I got. I love how Lexie’s laying her head on Ronnie’s shoulder.



On Sunday night we decorated a gingerbread house. I tried to get out of it this year but Brandon asked so I had to go out and find one. He’s very traditional, and if you do something once he expects a repeat!



They loved decorating it, but I think they had even more fun eating it the minute it was done. I was barely able to get a photo of it before they started eating it all up!



They thought it was yummy! They were quiet for about 30 minutes while they pulled pieces off. Of course I took photos of them demolishing it! Here they are eating icing…



As time went on they got a little braver about pulling things off. Brandon in particular!



I think they all had a good time. I know I did! I’ve even already scrapped some of the photos. I wanted to get the journaling down before I forgot it.

BeMerryWeb

Supplies:

I used a template I created, Creativity by Crystal's Free December 2009 Kit (Buttons), Creativity by Crystal's Merry & Bright Element Pack 1, Creativity by Crystal's Merry & Bright Element Pack 2, and Creativity by Crystal's Merry & Bright Papers. I drew the snowflakes with the shape tool in Photoshop and turned them into stickers.

If you would like to download the template I used for free, you can visit my post on the Ideas For Scrapbookers blog here...

http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/12/snow-very-happy.html

I also did this layout of Jordan with the worms she found at my grandma’s on Thanksgiving. I think the girlie colors are really funny with the subject matter. She’s such a girlie girl sometimes, but other times she loves digging in the dirt and playing with bugs and worms.

LittleWormerWebMonday

Supplies: Liv.E Designs' Washi All About - Blush Tapes. Creativity by Crystal's {Inspired By Susan Weinroth} Template #01, and Creativity by Crystal's {Rainbow Sherbet} Collection. Fonts: Another Typewriter, Impact.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. I’m happy to say that all of my shopping is DONE! I’m just waiting on the stuff I ordered from Target.com to come in so I can wrap it. Is it bad that I have 12 separate shipments coming from several places? My kids are going to be SO spoiled this year! The only problem is that I suck at wrapping presents. You would think that I’d get into it with my creative side, but it’s just too repetitive for me. I did pick up some very pretty reversible wrapping paper so maybe that will inspire me a bit.

Speaking of presents, Lexie’s birthday is this Sunday! She’ll be 9 years old. My goodness where did the time go?! We were supposed to take her to the zoo, but it’s too cold to do that. The high will be 50 degrees. We had to go with an alternate plan so she’s having her party at Chuck E Cheese instead. Not my favorite place to go but at least I won’t have to clean the house after the party! That reminds me. I have to go order her cake!

Thanks!

7 comments:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [15 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Looks like you have been having a great holiday season. love the photo of lexie's head on ronnie's shoulder. definitely a keeper...as is the one with the girls in the sleigh. hugs.

Amanda Sevall said...

Love the pics, the story and the layouts -- looks like you are enjoying the holiday season for sure!! :)

Sand and Sunshine said...

To cute, looks like J is saying "Ho-Ho-Ho!"

Leah. said...

Great photos Heather! I love the gingerbread house :)

Kristin said...

I love looking at old Christmas family portraits so I can relate. It looks like a great time was had. Gingerbread house, fun fun fun! Beautiful LO's as always, TFS.

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Heather wonderful photos, looks likie everyone is having a great time.....