Monday, January 31, 2011

Forget You

I am really irritated with Winter right about now. I’m so ready to be done with the rain and the colder temperatures. It’s muggy and nasty out today on top of being cold. In a little while I have to bring Alexis and Brandon out in it to the eye doctor. Alexis needs a check up related to her pink eye. It seems to be getting better. (Knock on wood!)

This weekend we got a brief break from the colder temperatures. It actually hit seventy degrees! I grabbed Brandon’s bucket of sand toys and we went to the lakefront after Jordan’s hippotherapy appointment to go play in the sand. It’s not the same if you have to wear a jacket, but at least we got out a bit.

The sun kept trying really hard to peek through the nasty clouds. At least it wasn’t raining. I had to giggle at the kids playing in their jackets because usually when we go they are in swimsuits. These photos should make for interesting scrapbook pages at least.

As you can tell, they didn’t mind much. They must have a case of cabin fever like I do.

Where is Alexis? Pouting because it was cold. I swear that child doesn’t have an ounce of body fat and she gets cold really easily. She ended up sitting by Ronnie. We didn’t stay long because as the sun started going down we were ALL cold.

I edited the goodness out of Lexie’s photo because I’m planning a preteen scrapbook page about having an attitude. She’s going to love it. (Not!)

Since it’s Monday I have a few layouts to share as well from my JessicaSprague.com creative team work.

Jan.31ThingsToLoveWEB

Journaling: Things to love... 1. Your super sweet smile that makes me smile right back at you. 2. The way you can't get through singing a song without falling down and playing the clown. 3. Your independent nature. (If you can do it yourself, you will.) 4. The way you are entirely fearless. 5. The way you say "Mommy". 6. Watching you do gymnastics at the gym. 7. How cute you are. And the list goes on and on!

Supplies: Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday Papers, In The Making Design's Things To Love Template, Kitschy Digital's Thrift Store Grab Bag, Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday Candy Candy, Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday Borders, Creativity By Crystal's Doodley Do 12x12 Borders, and Creativity By Crystal's Merry & Bright Papers.

Jan.31LovelyWEB

Journaling: "Yes, you're lovely. Never ever change. Keep that breathless charm. Won't you please arrange it? 'Cause I love you just the way you look tonight." -Frank Sinatra The lyrics to this song always remind me of you. I think you are the most lovely girl both on the inside and out. You amaze me with your kindness and your wonderful, outgoing personality. I am inspired by you! 11-2010

Supplies: Cosmo Cricket's Delovely Papers, Cosmo Cricket's Delovely Candy Candy, and Creativity By Crystal's Merry & Bright papers.

Plentiful Thank You

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Well Chickie.. I will trade you. It is snowing, still. I already have a few inches of white fluff that I shoveled this morning and looks like it will need to be shoveled again. Saving that for Greg. I did it the first time. hee!hee! I would give to be able to play in the sand... could pretend with the snow!LOL Just not the same effect and very much colder!!! You will be warming up in March.. then, it will be hot! Just remember that when in March it is 80 degrees + and I am buried in snow!! LOL Should make you feel better... while it will be June before it gets even close to 80! (if I am lucky!)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Love your new layouts. Here we always bring sweatshirts and jackets to the beach, even in mid summer.

Sara Zenger said...

I would love to having been able to be in the sand over the weekend, even if I did have to wear a coat! Our sand is covered in snow! Love the pics!!!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Heather, what great photos. I know it hada to feel good to be out even if it was cold. Your layouts are wonderful, as always. We are iced in today, but that ok, I have my wonderful computer......

Alison said...

Love, love, love your second LO. What a *fantastic* picture!! Sweet and tender journaling, too :)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Love the jackets on the beach to cute. Great quote the whole page is wonderful. I'll be crossing my fingers over that pink eye being headed away!

courageous o'connors said...

i hate the cold too.

i love the pic of brandon with the trucks.

the lovely scrapbook one is adorable too.

Amanda Sevall said...

Well hopefully, spring will be here soon if Phil made his prediction correctly this morning!! :) Gorgeous layouts -- love the journaling :)

Fritchey said...

I'm with you, Heather.
And I absolutely love your wonderful layouts!