Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Frozen

It’s Groundhog Day and the good news is that Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow this morning so there will (supposedly) be an early Spring. The bad news is that dear Phil is only right 39% of the time. Here’s hoping he’s right this year because I have had enough of the freezing temperatures.

Speaking of freezing temperatures, my kids are currently watching for snow out of the window. I don’t have the heart to tell them that if it happens it’ll probably be while they are sleeping. Now they refuse to do their homework and instead they have their noses pressed to the window like puppies. The bus driver also informed me that they might get the day off of school tomorrow if there is any ice or snow. Yikes.

Enough whining out of me! (For now.) It’s Wednesday which means it’s time for a  journaling/blogging question. Going along with today’s theme…

Did it snow much when you were a child? Tell me something about it. What did you do?

I only remember it snowing once when I was growing up. I was ten years old and my five year old brother and I went out in the yard to try to scrape up enough snow for a snowball. I scraped snow off of the cars and he scraped some off of an old wheelbarrow and we threw it at each other. I remember my Mom looking out of the window watching us with my baby brother because he was too little to come outside. It didn’t last long but my stepdad did manage to get a few photos. My Mom loaned me the photos a few years ago and I scanned them in and made this layout with them.

DSC0056011_1

That’s all for today! Now I’m off to press my nose against the window with the kids…

Plentiful Thank You

6 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

what a fun memory. hope you get some snow!

courageous o'connors said...

it snowed buckets and buckets here in PA. It was always freezing and snowy and we were always outside until it got dark. it seemed so much fun...now as an adult I try to not admit to my kids that I Hate snow! I hate being cold. I hate everything about it now. maybe I am just a grumpy old lady now. Thats why I have little pics of snow days with my own kids since I hate being out in the snow now. I need to just suck it up and go out and play in the snow with them.

Amanda Sevall said...

How cute is that layout and I love your story!! I remember lots of snow as a kid -- but mostly from my younger days when we lived higher up in the mountains! :)

Kristin said...

I too hope Phil got it right this year, not like those silly octopus determining the soccer games:) Cute LO, looks likes fun! We had very little snow as well but we made up for it with trips to Tahoe. Have a great Friday!

Sand and Sunshine said...

I gave you a blog award you can get it on my blog. :-)

Snow, bleck hate snow. Gee I'm positive today aren't I?

Fritchey said...

Yay!!!! Phil saw his shadow!!! We were never so happy to hear that. I live in PA, too, and guess I am very tired of snow, ice, and gloomy skies!