Monday, February 7, 2011

Never Grow Up

Lately this song by Taylor Swift has been tugging at my heartstrings. I think it’s because my youngest son will be going to preschool soon if we can manage to get him in. I wish that I could turn back time and shrink him back to a little bitty boy and keep him that way forever and ever. I realize that it’ll never happen but I don’t like how quickly he and his sisters are growing up. In no time they’ll be graduating high school. I know that because it seems like yesterday that we brought Jordan home from the hospital and that was almost seven years ago. Forgive me while I sniffle and whine about my babies growing up.

In the meantime, I’ve contented myself with scrapbooking older photos of the stinky soon to be preschooler. He has always been a relatively well behaved child that’s why I found it so funny when I walked in his room and found him doing this…

The best part of the whole thing was how proud and happy he was to be standing up on the TV stand. I had a hard time fussing at him not to do it anymore because he was just so thrilled with himself. LOL I created this layout with the fabulous February “Boys Will Be Boys” kit from Scraptastic Club. I LOVED the puffy robot embellies and gears. So cute!

I also scrapped this photo of Brandon from last Summer. He loves swimming. It makes sense if you believe in the whole astrology thing since he’s a Pisces.

Summer TimeWEB

Journaling: Ronnie's friend Chuck invited us over to swim in his salt water pool for the Fourth of July. Of course, we all jumped at the chance. It rained off and on all day long so we weren't sure until the last minute that we would be able to go. We were all worried when we got there that Brandon wouldn't like swimming in the deep water. We were wrong! He took to it like a fish. In no time he was jumping in the pool with his floaties on and making huge splashes. This is my favorite photo I got of him. He looked just like a little bitty frog with his feet all spread out. July 4, 2010.

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket Snorkel Papers (Coming Soon!)
Cosmo Cricket Snorkel Candy Candy

Then I made this layout with photos I took last week. You can definitely tell he’s growing up, and I can tell you… I’ve had enough of this growing up stuff!!!

NisaWeb7th

This is a two page layout I did with a simple set of templates from Nisa (Splendid Fiins) at Jessica Sprague's site. There are 40 predesigned pages and it only takes a little while to make an entire album!

Supplies: Splendid Fiins Classic Album Templates

I guess that’s enough whining for now! I have to go get the kids dressed so I can bring them to Lexie’s therapy appointment out in Hammond. Then we get to go grocery shopping. Yay me! (Not.) I’ll be back on Wednesday with the journaling/blogging question and I promise to be less melancholy then!

Plentiful Thank You

2 comments:

Sand and Sunshine said...

Awwwww! With those colors of B turned black and white you can totally see the young man he's growing up to be. :-)

Now as for this whining stuff, take a minute and give yourself a real pat on the back, hey I'm serious, grab that lipstick and put it on and a bit of something that smells good too. Why? Because they are growing up so wonderful because of you!

Cripes now I'm tearing! Hugs all around!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute layouts. whine all you want, I have plenty of queso! lol....hope things go well with the therapy and shopping. hugs.