Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Proud Parent

I’d like to take a minute to brag about my amazing kids. All three of them have gotten compliments lately and I just had to share the good things they’ve been up to.

Alexis: I took her to the grocery store with me on Monday after her therapy appointment. She held Brandon’s hand very nicely and followed me around the store. At one point a lady even stopped me and complimented her on how well she was behaving. She told me that my kids were the best behaved children she had ever seen in the grocery store. She also said I must be doing something right. I’m not going to lie… it totally made my day. It made Lexie’s day too. She said, “Mommy!” “Did you hear?!” “That lady said I was the best kid ever!” She was so proud! We both were.

Brandon: I have to admit that we are not often around other young children so I take some of the things he does for granted. On Monday when we went to Alexis’ therapy appointment the therapist watched him dump four puzzles on the floor and mix them together. He then reassembled all of them in about ten minutes. He does it all the time at home so I thought nothing of it but the therapist was totally impressed! She said that she knows 8 year olds who can’t do that. Hmmm… who knew my cutie pie was so advanced? Again, I was definitely proud! He was unimpressed though. He always does it so he didn’t see what the big deal was.

Jordan: Miss Priss got her progress report card in and she got 6 A’s and 1 B. The B was in handwriting which I’m totally excited about because her fine motor skills are a little delayed and it’s a big deal that she’s doing so well. Her teacher left a comment on the bottom of the report that said… “Jordan is a fantastic student.” “I enjoy having her in my class so much.” “She is a GREAT reader!”  I know she’s a smart cookie, but it’s really nice to hear other people say the same thing. We were all SO proud of her.

Yesterday was the Pastries for Parents celebration at school for the girls. Ronnie went to Jordan’s party and Brandon and I went to Alexis’ party. It was really cute. They played a slide show with photos of the kids throughout the year. The music during the slide show totally made me tear up. I can’t believe Alexis will be going to middle school next year! I got photos of both of the girls’ artwork because Ronnie didn’t have a camera. Here’s Jordan’s…

It says, “My parents are nice.” “My parents can play Wii.” “My parents have a house.” I particularly like the fact that Ronnie is wearing a top hat in her drawing. It adds a lot of flair!

Alexis colored a cupcake for us. Her class theme was “my parents are sweet”.

It says, “My parents are as beautiful as a rainbow.” “They help me feel better when I’m sick.” “They give me money for stuff.” The last sentence made me laugh out loud when I saw it. The child obviously has priorities. Hehe

I took this photo of Brandon and Alexis after the celebration was over. You can definitely tell that Brandon wasn’t feeling that well. I didn’t even get a cheesy smile.

I already scrapped using the photo I took because I’m taking Jessica Sprague’s Digi In Deeper class. I used the photo to create my Lesson One layout.

LittleAngelsWEB

My brain is on absolute overload from all of the things I learned. Thank goodness she included printable .pdf files to refer back to! I LOVE how this layout turned out. With the feathers and the wings it's like she planned it to work with MY photo. Awesome!

I also did one last layout with the Scraptastic Club “Boys Will Be Boys” kit. I loved it so much that I used almost every last scrap!!

DSC04002

Journaling: Brandon is so crazy about cars that he has been caught sleeping with them. I'm sure he was dreaming about driving!

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s time for a blogging/journaling question! Today’s question is…

Did you have a favorite subject in school? Did you have a least favorite subject?

Okay, so technically that’s two questions but since they go hand in hand I am going to post them at the same time. My absolute favorite subject in school was Biology. I loved learning about what things are made of and how they work. The only part I didn’t like was the dissection part of the class. I was totally fine with diagrams but when it came to cutting up dead things… Eww! I ended up going to the literary rally for our state in Biology and I placed first in our district. Right ahead of this annoying guy from our school who thought he was SO much smarter than everyone else. Take that! LOL

My least favorite subject was Algebra. I honestly just couldn’t see a purpose for it. I loved Geometry because there were reasons and practical applications. Algebra was pointless. I really struggled with it for that reason. In my school we had to take Algebra 1 and Algebra 2. I barely passed Algebra 2 with enough credit to graduate. I had a 69.5 and the teacher had to round it up to a D which gave me a passing grade. It didn’t help that the teacher did NOT want to explain things when we didn’t understand. I wasn’t the only student who had a really awful time in that class.

Ooops! Look at the time. I have to go rush to bring Alexis to her dentist’s appointment. She needs a cleaning and the dentist has to look at her teeth that are growing in because she keeps saying that they hurt.

Plentiful Thank You

5 comments:

Laurie! said...

Congrats to your kids on all of their accomplishments/accolades!! You should make a scrapbook layout specifically about those three things!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Almost to middle school? No wonder you're so distraught about them growing up! Love A's first sentence on her cupcake, it's a beautiful statement.

Fritchey said...

Awwwww Heather! I love a proud mom!!!! I especially love how playing Wii was included in why you are a great parent! LOL!!! Your pages are beautiful and heartwarming, as is your post. TFS!

Kristin said...

You are very right in taking the time out to appreciate them, they sound like they have great parents! I love the feather on the LO. Happy Valentines Day Heather :)

Amanda Sevall said...

Love this! I hope you use the journaling on a layout soon - your kids are so lucky to have you! :)