Friday, March 11, 2011

Missing In Action

I’m sorry that I haven’t been around much. I completely skipped my Wednesday post because my health hasn’t been at all great lately and I’ve been trying to get as much rest as possible. It hasn’t been easy because the kids have been off this entire week for Mardi Gras. Thankfully Ronnie has been off too. I can honestly say that I don’t know what I would’ve done this week without his help!

I saw my cardiologist for the first time on Tuesday. He said I could have a blood clot in my lungs as a side effect of my birth control pills. They did a blood test to find out if I had blood clots and I found out on Wednesday that it was positive. That means I have blood clots somewhere. Now we are trying to figure out where.

Today I went in for an ultrasound on both of my legs. I went in expecting it not to be painful at all. I’ve never had a painful ultrasound before. They had to squeeze my legs to force blood to flow back past the ultrasound wand and let me tell you… it hurt! I’ll probably have bruises tomorrow because I bruise super easily.

They did not find any clots in my legs. That is not good news because it means that the clot may be in my heart, brain, or lungs. They are leaning towards it being in my lungs because I have been so short of breath and easily tired lately. The next step in the diagnostic process is a ct scan. Unfortunately, the girl who handles the insurance in their office is taking her sweet time getting in touch with my insurance for preapproval. I have decided to call her every single day until she does what she’s supposed to do. After all, the squeaky wheel gets the grease right?

In the meantime, I’m pretty much on lock down. I think if my Mom could she’d tie me to the bed to make me behave. Not that I haven’t been. I haven’t drank any coffee since last Friday and that’s a big thing for me. I’ve been resting and taking good care of myself with Ronnie’s help. That’s one of the hardest things for me. I don’t do well with watching other people clean the house because they don’t do it the way I do it.

I also have a really hard time accepting help. I am such an independent person that when people say… is there anything I can do? My first response is “No, I’ll be fine!” Regardless of whether I will be or not.

One of my really good friends found something she could do though. I came home from today’s rotten doctor’s appointment and found these on my front porch.

Aren’t they beautiful? You would be amazed at the wonderfully sweet, kind, amazing people I’ve met through scrapbooking. Marlene is definitely a fabulous friend. She brightened my day more than she’ll ever know and I appreciate her to bits!

Tomorrow is Brandon’s 4th birthday party. I can hear you all yelling now… “How are you throwing a birthday party on bed rest?” I’m not. I’m letting Ronnie do it. I’m going to sit and watch and take a few photos. I won’t cook. I won’t clean. It might kill me to sit and rest and let other people help me but I will definitely do it. I can’t afford not to follow instructions. 

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and update everyone. I meant for this to be a short post but then that rarely ever happens. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! I am certainly going to do my best to have one too.

Plentiful Thank You

7 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Don't worry about us sweetie. Take care of yourself and rest. Your blog will be here when you get around to it. hugs.

Fritchey said...

Awwww Heather. My heart goes out to you, my friend. I hope that they get to the bottom of this, soon. You have been missed and you are LOVED by all of us, so keep your positive attitude!!! Sending more hugs and healing thoughts your way. And I also wish Brandon a very happy birthday!!! you STAY in bed, my friend!!!! Nurse's orders!!!!! (and Marlene is such a sweetheart!!)

Kelly Massman said...

Hope they figure everything out and take care of it soon! BEst wishes and hugs,

annarivera6221 said...

Hello Heather... I just jumped on your blog and became a follower. I just got me a blog finally. I did not expect to read what I just read and my heart goes out to you. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. I just recently with through the whole blood clot deal and I had a clot in my left leg behind my knee. I am here if you would like to talk. Take care and rest. Anna (hugs)

Agnes said...

I'll be thinking of you Heather. I am hoping it's "nothing serious" as they say.

Please keep us posted.

Love;

Agnes

Laurie! said...

Oh my gosh! I hope that they figure out where the clot is and get rid of it soon! I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh honey take care of yourself and feel better. All my best wishes and Sunshine for you, your family, and B's birthday.

Beautiful flowers and just your perfect shade.