Monday, March 7, 2011

Very Scary

Jordan’s therapy was cancelled on Thursday because of her pink eye. They won’t see her while she’s contagious! (I don’t blame them.) We all played at the house and had a quiet day. Well the kids played… I cleaned. I didn’t want to but I have to get rid of all of these yucky pink eye germs around here!

Friday’s therapy was a wash too. I didn’t want to take the chance that the Jordan was still contagious. Especially since it was vision therapy and they all have to wear the same special glasses. Instead I ended up babysitting for a friend who had a last minute emergency and needed a sitter. The kids had a wonderful time with their company and everyone behaved really well.

That night I ended up not feeling well at all! My heart started racing really quickly and then beating super slowly. I got my stethoscope and listened for a minute. Then I got scared and went into the ER as quickly as I could. I felt so weak, exhausted, and short of breath.

When I got to the ER they ran an EKG right away and as soon as the EKG was finished the nurse went back to show the doctor. Then they took me back for an x-ray to see if my heart was enlarged. They also drew a ton of blood to check my sugar and cholesterol. They brought me back to a room and attached to to all kinds of machines. 

I was there about three hours and my Mom drove up from Belle Chasse to sit with me. The doctor said that all of my test results were normal. My cholesterol was good and so was my blood sugar. They don’t know why my heart is acting so strangely. I was diagnosed with tachycardia and palpitations. I have to go see a cardiologist on Wednesday. I would’ve liked to go before then but unfortunately everything is closed due Mardi Gras until then.

The ER doctors put me on Metropropolol to slow my heart rate down as well. I’ve been taking it twice a day and truthfully I am not feeling any different so I’m not sure how much it’s helping. My heart beat is definitely still irregular on it.

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday resting. I’m not supposed to do anything that raises my heart rate. This includes smoking and drinking (which I never do). I can’t drink coffee or eat chocolate as the caffeine could make my heart rate go up. I’m really bummed about the coffee thing because I am totally addicted to it.

I’ve been trying to stay distracted by doing lots of reading as well as catching up on some of my favorite movies and TV series. I finally managed to stay awake long enough to do a digital layout last night. I can’t share that one yet because it’s made with product that isn’t out yet but I can share these…

7HeatherLandryBeautyWEB

Journaling: Alexis after the Pastries for Parents even at her school. She was so excited that Brandon and I were there. The art work she made was great! 1-2011

Supplies: Cosmo Cricket's Get Happy Paper Pack, Cosmo Cricket's Get Happy Candy Candy, and a Recycled Alpha by Michelle Filo.

7HeatherLandryBrotherlyLoveWEB

Journaling: Alexis got to see her brother Nathan for the first time in six months. They cuddled up and smiled for some really adorable photos. February 26, 2011

Supplies: Echo Park's For The Record Alpha Pack 1, Echo Park's For The Record Alpha Pack 2, Echo Park's For The Record Paper/Element Pack 1, Echo Park's For The Record Paper/Element Pack 2, and Creativity By Crystal's Templates 1 & 2. The font I used is called VT Portable Remington.

7HLWeek9 (2-26-11 to 3-3-11)WEB

This is week nine out of my Project 365 for 2011. A lot of stuff happened this week… We’ve been super busy! You can click on the image for a better view of the journaling and photos.

Supplies: Creativity By Crystal's Color Me Happy Paper Pack 1, Creativity By Crystal's Color Me Happy Paper Pack 2, Creativity By Crystal's Color Me Happy Paper Pack 3, Creativity by Crystal's Color Me Happy Flowers, Creativity By Crystal's Artisan Label Templates No. 4, Carina Gardner's Design 365 A Year Of Rub Ons, and Carina Gardner's Design 365 Masks v3.

Before I forget, don’t forget to sign up for the new classes over at Jessica Sprague’s site!  Here’s the info…

ABC_Inspiration_4c60402c5c960

Looking for a great photo book to give as gifts to friends, family members, or teachers? Register for Carina Gardner's ABC Inspiration album class beginning on March 14th. Class begins on April 4th. Click on the image above for more information.

The_Art_of_Digit_4bba996597fcc

Registration for The Art of Digital Design is also open now! This is a revolutionary class for new digital designers to learn the secrets of creating, packaging, uploading, marketing, and selling digital product. Click on the image above for more information!

That’s all for now, but I’ll be back on Wednesday to post an update and the journaling question.

Plentiful Thank You

4 comments:

Sara Zenger said...

Hugs to you Heather! I hope your feeling better! I am sure everything will be fine but in the mean time just keep your self distracted! The things we dwell on only get bigger. BTW - congrats on the Flamingo Scraps!! I was so excited to see your picture there!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Geez Dear, that IS scary stuff! Don't you know it's you're job to cry at your grandbabies weddings?!?!??

kim said...

so sorry about your heart. take it easy! my husband is on that same medicine for the same reasons and he has had episodes like that too.

i love your project 365. i would love to do that but i am so disorganized.

Kelly Massman said...

Hope you are feeling better now! You can't be too safe when it comes to your heart!
Lovely layouts anyway... :-)