Monday, April 25, 2011

The Easter Bunny Came!

We were late getting down to my grandparent’s house on Saturday and it was all my fault. I set the alarm on my Blackberry to 6:00 in the morning but I forgot to change the setting from “weekdays only”. Ooops! Ronnie woke me up at seven and we were out the door in record time.

It was a beautiful day for a drive. Lots of sunshine and only a few clouds in the sky! I took this photo on the Lake Ponchartrain Causeway bridge.

We had our Easter egg hunt as soon as we got to my grandparents  just in case the few clouds did end up giving us a few showers. (Not that we would’ve complained much because it’s been so dry here lately.)

Brandon got some help hunting for eggs because the egg hiders overestimated the kiddos’ finding ability. In fact, we never did find three of the eggs. I’m sure my grandpa will be finding them soon with the lawn mower. I don’t think he’ll be too happy about it either. LOL

Jordan found an Easter egg balanced on the side of the trailer. We also had eggs on car bumpers and tractor tires. The egg hiders were tricky!

After the hunt most of the kids sat down to check out the loot inside their Easter eggs. My niece took off with my Uncle on the golf cart so she wasn’t in the photo. (More about that later!) My Mom has three girl grandkids and three boys and they are ALL adorable. I can’t believe how quickly they are growing up!

Still checking out loot! There were rings, stickers, and jelly beans. My dedicated grandma stuffed 72 eggs for them! I think that she spoils the kiddos rotten but I can’t say much because she still spoils me rotten too. We are all very lucky to have her!

Alexis really liked that there were eggs shaped like chickens. There were also car shaped eggs and princess themed eggs. Everyone looked beautiful in their Easter dresses!

Want to know what else we did? My grandpa recently bought a golf cart. Right before Easter! I have a sneaking suspicion that someone spoke to him about how unsafe TRACTOR SURFING is and he came up with this alternative! LOL Ronnie loved driving the kids around next to the levee. He’s the biggest kid of all!

When we went inside it was almost lunch time so we asked the kids to play quietly while we got everything ready. They conned my cousin, sister in law, and Mom out of their iPhones. Why? They are all completely and utterly obsessed with the “Angry Birds” app. If you haven’t played it… don’t. It’s incredibly addictive! If you haven’t let your children play it… don’t! Otherwise they’ll beg you all day long to play “Angry Birds”. Brandon has mastered this pitiful doe eyed look that makes me feel horrible when I tell him no. He’s so mistreated!

We stopped by Ronnie’s parent’s house on the way home and they gave the kids another Easter basket with more candy and goodies. I left my camera in the car so I don’t have any photos of that. We also stopped at his best friend’s house on the way home for a few minutes. The kids tried to jump in his pool and we had to pull them out. They were just supposed to put their feet in but it wasn’t long before they were inching in further. We had to promise to go back soon to take them swimming before we could get them out. I didn’t want them swimming in their Easter clothes!

We got home late and had to dye Easter eggs before the bunny could come. My camera was acting up under the dining room light. I ended up with fuzzy photos with a funky color cast so I gave up and converted them to black and white. I am pretending that it’s an artsy edit and that I meant to do it. Ha!

The kit I bought to dye eggs this year was a little different. All of our eggs were monsters. Some had hair… all had really weird eyes and mouths. I like being different sometimes. I think doing the same thing year after year is boring! The kids were tickled pink by the whole experience of creating monster eggs.

We had a small Easter egg hunt here on Sunday morning. I usually try to take my kids’ Spring photos on Easter morning while they are all dressed up but they were less than cooperative. This is the only decent photo I got, but it’s a good one. I love how smushed up Brandon’s cheeks are and how Jordan’s nose is upturned. You can tell a lot about their relationship in this photo.

Today was rough. The girls are out of school for a week for Easter break and everyone got up on the wrong side of the bed! It didn’t help that I woke up this morning to a to do list a mile long. I’ve been cleaning my carpet a room or two at a time since my Mom loaned me her carpet cleaner on Saturday. I am almost finished! Tomorrow I’ll do our bedroom and then I’m done. Today I did the little kids’ room and they were highly annoyed with me because they couldn’t go in there.

I made them all play in Alexis’ room most of the day while we waited on the carpet to dry. I also moved furniture, rearranged my scrap room, and edited an absolute pile of Easter photos. It took forever! I know you think this post is photo heavy but trust me it’s no where near the amount of photos I had to edit. I always say that I take too many pictures and I mean it!

Before I end this post I wanted to link to the latest Project 365 layouts I finished…

25HeatherLandryWeek 15WEB

I hope you can read the journaling. Let me know if you can't!

Retro Mango Paper Pack
DESIGN 365 - Color Kit 2
Crystal's {Sweet Vintage Charm} Elements
Fabric Covered Buttons Kit
Vintage Cameras Kit
Flea Market Brads
July 2009 Collection - Funky Labels
Needs+Wants: Stitchies Vol.1 {The Crayon Box Collection}

Here’s the second layout! This year is absolutely flying by.

Week 16  (April 16 to April 22)WEB

I based this page on a PageMaps sketch by Becky Fleck. It was the first time I'd used a paper sketch to create a digi page!

Supplies: Creativity By Crystal's August Buttons, Creativity By Crystal's Oh Boy Party Time Paper Pack, Creativity By Crystal's Oh Boy Alphabet & Labels, Creativity By Crystal's Oh Boy Lots of Labels, and Creativity By Crystal's Doodley Doo Borders.

That’s all for now! I’ll be back Wednesday with a journaling/blogging question and an update on what’s going on around here.

Plentiful Thank You

3 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Heather I loveeeeeeeeeee all those pictures! (oh well if you were late, stuff happens.. plus you were well rested ;o) ) I'm so happy you had a wonderful Easter!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love all the photos. not going to say anything about your long blog post. hee hee....love ya!

Just Jaime said...

hahaha tractor surfing! I love it. Looks like a good time was had by all. Good for you for keeping up with your project 365 scrappin' I decided to just do a Shutterfly book.