Friday, April 22, 2011

A Hoppy Day!

I’m so excited that we’ll be dying Easter eggs tonight and heading down to my grandparent’s house tomorrow morning for the big Easter egg hunt! I am bringing strawberry shortcake for the dessert and I still have to go to the store to pick up all of the supplies. I’m embarrassed to admit that I have done no shopping for my kids for Easter either. I am sure that I’m going to pay for it when I go later and the aisles are packed with cranky people buying chocolate bunnies!

The girls and Ronnie are off today so we were looking forward to sleeping in. Until I realized that the girls were supposed to have vision therapy today! Ugh. So we got up early and I fed them and dressed them. We were running late so I rushed over there only to find the door locked. Really?! Like they couldn’t have called me and told me they were closing on Good Friday? I could’ve slept in! I think I’m going to complain next week.

Sleeping in would’ve been especially nice given that I was up until 1AM last night scrapbooking. I kept puttering around with this page because I couldn’t get it to look the way I wanted. I ended up calling it done because I was super sleepy. I think it turned out okay!

DSC04910

Journaling: I was eighteen in this photo. Ready to go to college and take on the world! I graduated from Belle Chasse High in 1998.

I based this page on a Creative Scrappers sketch and I'm entering it into the ScrapFit Back In The Day challenge as well. I used my Scraptastic Club kit called "Old School". It's no longer available. I added a few things from my stash including the small brown alpha, a button, and a few bits of bling.

It’s been a long time since I’ve scrapped a page about me. I’m going to have to remember to tell my story more often!

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter.

Plentiful Thank You

6 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

I would so totally complain! How dare them!!!! UGH! Annoyed for you! I'm happy you got to scrap though! It came out better than ok. It looks great! I hope you have a great time with yor grandparents and that you save mea piece of that strawberry shortcake! ;o) Have a wonderful Easter!!

Just Jaime said...

I like the design. It's got an interesting balance to it!

dianapena8 said...

Loving your take on that sketch :)

=Di-TST

Heather Landry said...

Thank you Diana!

Nati Tristan said...

Hey You! It's me again.. please check out my blog I think you deserve and award :o) Happy Easter!

natislittlescrapblog.blogspot.com

Sand and Sunshine said...

What a crazy happy weekend you have going on! Take care and be happy!