Thursday, April 21, 2011

Some Good News (finally!)

Brandon had his speech and developmental evaluation today. They said his speech is borderline bad enough to get services through the public schools. His physical development is fine. He's a little behind other kids but not as bad as his pediatrician made it seem. He's great in fine motor. He stacked 15 tiny blocks. I don't think I could've done that. LOL They want to reevaluate him in 6 months for speech and they recommended that I put him in preschool next year. (We were already planning to.) She said the behavioral issues he's exhibiting are not autistic and that she's treated a lot of kids with autism so she's sure. She called his behavior "quirky" but normal. When I told Ronnie, he said "Well that just means he's weird like his Momma." Yep. I'll own that. I'm weird in a good way and so is Bubba! Ronnie and I are looking in to getting him speech services on an outpatient basis for now. What's one more appointment right?

After his evaluation we went to the park across the street to play! He wouldn’t go down this slide because there was a bug on one side. When I pointed out that there were two sides to the slide he didn’t care. He went back down the steps and said “I don’t think so!”

They also had a large concrete tube in the park for kids to crawl through. Brandon LOVED it! I had to pull him out of it when it was time to leave. I think he was pretending to be a train going through a tunnel.

After we ran all of our errands we came home. I managed to get a few blissfully peaceful minutes of scrappy time to create two layouts.

1: 31st Layout One

2: 31st Layout Two

If these two pages look similar… there’s a reason why!

My grandmother and I exchange 8x8 layouts kinda like a never ending circle journal. I make two layouts now because when I only made one I always ended up wanting to keep it! This way she can choose which one she wants and I can keep the other. Everybody wins!

I'm not sure why the stamped spider web in the upper corner is showing up as blue. It's white Staz On IRL.

Before I go I wanted to show you a peek of the May Scraptastic Kit called “In The Hood”. It’s available for pre-order now. You can also pre-order the “Classic Girl” kit and add ons as well but she doesn’t have the full image up on that one yet. I’ll come back and link when Jessica puts it up!

in_the_hood_reg_full_large

I can’t wait to play with this kit! I have Easter photos that match the colors perfectly and I’ve been looking for cute Easter paper.

Plentiful Thank You

6 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Heather! That's awesome news.. it's not just GOOD NEWS it wonderful news! God bless you with many more news like hat from now on! Your layouts are adorable! And your kid-o is smart! I would not go down that slide either no matter if it was on that side or not.. eww I hate bugs!

Just Jaime said...

That is GREAT news!!!! I bet you are happy and relieved. Love the title for the layouts =)

Sand and Sunshine said...

I'm right here with you, the other day at DD's doctor they wrote a script for an inhaler! ACK! Say what? The child is like her momma!?!?! Tell me it isn't so!

Glad to hear everything checked out positively.

Melissa W. said...

Definitely good news on your son... and I love those Halloween layouts! So cute! :)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

So glad you finally got some good news. Good luck with that one more appt. Your schedule is becoming as crazy as mine. Lol. Great new projects.

Joy said...

I love getting your blog entries sent to my email, but that also causes me not to leave comments (pure laziness) but I just had to comment on this one. Heather I find you to be so amazing. You have such a full life with all you do for your kids and how difficult some (most) of your days are with kiddos with special challenges, but you still manage to make fun, happy memories for them and then you even get them put down on scrapbook pages. You amaze me! It is also amazing that you have not pulled your hair out!
xoxo