Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

We had an interesting day of running errands on Saturday. I took Jordan to her last practice before the horse show next weekend. She did an amazing job riding the course! I didn’t take photos because I’m saving that for next weekend. We were supposed to go visit with Lexie’s bio brother Nathan after her riding lesson but his Mom cancelled the visit due to a family emergency.

We went home and I found out that Ronnie had bought me a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream cake for my birthday. I love ice cream but don’t like cake much at all. I know. That makes me weird but it’s true! The cake was good. (Well. The ice cream part was. I have to admit that I picked most of the cake part out and fed it to the kids.)

My actual birthday was Sunday. I turned thirty-one years old. I don’t want to talk about it. I’m pretty tired of this birthday stuff so I don’t think I’m going to have any more. LOL I spent my birthday here at the house with Ronnie and the kids. We played outside. The kids swam in the kiddie pool, and I sprayed Ronnie with the water hose after he threw a bucket of water on me. I soaked up some sun and just enjoyed being outside. It was a really good day. Ronnie gave me money to buy scrapbook supplies too. That made it an even better day! I also got to scrapbook. I’ve been on a kick creating hybrid cards lately.

Today Ronnie called me on his way to work and told me that there was a show car from Brad Keselowski sitting in the front of a hotel in Covington. He told me I should bring Brandon to check it out. We got there just as the guy was fixing to leave but he let me take a few photos to make Ronnie and Brandon happy.

Brandon may have been slightly impressed by the whole thing. As evidenced by his ear to ear grin.

The guy even let Brandon start the truck with his remote starter before he left. He seriously made this boy’s day! He talked about it to everyone he met today.

Before I go I have one layout and quite a few hybrid cards I did to share!!

1: Down On The Farm Layout

11HeatherLandryDownOnTheFarmWEB

Journaling: Alexis and Jordan holding goats at Maw Maw's house in Port Sulphur. 11-2010

Supplies:
Template by Amy Mallory (Freebie from the Digi Lovely blog!)
Needs+Wants: Stitchies Vol.1 {The Crayon Box Collection}, Crystal's {Merry & Bright} Papers, Garden Variety Paper Pack, Garden Variety Candy Candy.

2: Happy Easter Card

When I saw Kari's Easter card template I immediately thought of combining it with Carina Gardner's Hippity Hop collection! This is what I came up with. I added some buttons and a Prima flower. Then I used Stickles to add some bling!

Supplies: Kari Holt's Easter Egg Template
http://www.mousepaperlovely.com/?p=1270, and
Carina Gardner's Hippity Hop Kit.

3: You Are So Tweet Card

Supplies: I used Kari Holt's template from the Mouse, Paper, Lovely blog. I'm going back and catching up on the templates she posted because they are gorgeous!!! Here's the link to the download. http://www.mousepaperlovely.com/?p=1003

Other Supplies:
BIRDHOUSE - v.1
BIRDHOUSE - v.2

4: Thinking Of You Card One

DSC05289

See? I'm on a roll with these hybrid cards! I made one more from the same template and embellished it differently.
The template was a freebie from Kari Holt on the Mouse, Paper, Lovely blog. http://www.mousepaperlovely.com/?p=748

Half Way Cafe Paper Pack
Half Way Cafe Elements

5: Thinking Of You Card Two

DSC05292

Here’s the second card. The credits are the same as the one above it but it’s a little bit different!

That’s it for today. I’ll be back Wednesday with a new post and another journaling/blog question!

Plentiful Thank You

8 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

sounds like a great weekend. love the photos and the projects.

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Happy Birthday!!! And I am so with you, I stoped having birthdays too. My girls are now older than me. LOL. Looks like your son had a day he will always remember. Loved the layouts and the Easter egg card is wonderful. Sounds like you had a great weekend.....~Cherrie~

Sue said...

Love your blog! found you via SB :) Great cards - little bird one is so cute!!

scrapinbabygal said...

Hey!! Love the weekend wrap up- it sounds busy and fun!! Such wonderful cards- they are so colorful. How did you do this on the commenting "Comments are appreciated, and returned!"? Happy Tuesday! Sabrina

Michelle said...

Hoping your birthday was a good one! Cool race car!!! And great projects!

Just Jaime said...

Happy belated birthday, even though you don't want to talk about it ;) Your farm layout is so cute! Great design and I love the pp!

mammasol said...

Great blog!!!!!!!

Lana Gramlich said...

Happy belated birthday, hon! I'm sorry I missed it. Apologies for the delay in my visits to your blog, too. I've just been swamped in "real" life lately. <:\