Friday, May 20, 2011

tHE gRADUATE

Ronnie took the day off of work yesterday to go to Alexis’ 3rd grade graduation in the afternoon. He also was lucky enough to go with me to Brandon and Jordan’s therapy appointment. It was Brandon’s first speech session and he was really nervous. After the testing was complete, I was surprised to find out that he is a year behind where he should be with his speech. I knew that he was having issues, but not that it was that severe. He will be going to therapy sessions once a week at the same time Jordan does.

I was not thrilled to find out that our insurance doesn’t cover much of the speech therapy sessions at all. They want us to meet a $1000.00 co-pay up front, and then after that each appointment would be $75.00. I asked if there were any other options and they told me that if I pay out of pocket it would only be $50.00 a week. That’s still $200.00 a month, but it’s WAY better than the insurance option. It’s ridiculous because we pay a fortune to have insurance coverage. I had a tantrum about it in the car on the way out and Ronnie looked at me like I’d lost my mind. (Maybe I have!?)

After the appointment we brought Jordan to school. We took Brandon out to lunch to kill time until we needed to go back to the school for Alexis’ graduation. I’m not going to lie, when I heard they painted the gym where all of the events are held I was super excited. It was a cruddy blue color that my camera could never adjust to. Even when I edited and played with white balance and exposure the photos always looked off. Well… the new paint job isn’t any better. LOL

DSC05763

Now it’s all yellow! Plus, they have a ton of light coming in one side, and none coming in the other. Sigh. This was one of the best photos I got. Thankfully, I fared a little bit better when it came to video. In this one she steps forward and shows off her super cool certificate.

At the end of the ceremony they sang “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus. I’ll admit it, I cried. She just looked so grown up and it makes me wonder what happened to my little chubby cheeked girl.

Can you believe she’ll be in middle school next year? I certainly can’t! We found out that she passed 3rd grade. We were worried about it for a bit but her teacher said everyone in the class passed! Her teacher also made a super sweet DVD for the parents that included all of the photos from the entire year. Another tearjerker! Argh. I’m going to put books on her head so she’ll quit growing. That’s enough of this mess!

Today was the kids’ first day of Summer vacation. The girls had vision therapy and we ran a few errands. So far so good as far as everyone getting alog. All three kids even took a nap! I laid down on the couch and enjoyed the quiet while I could. Naps at two o’clock sounds like a good Summer vacation idea to me!

Plentiful Thank You

8 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

sounds like you had a great day today. i hate the whole dr/copay/insurance/cash thing. it really is ridiculous.

Amelia said...

Hi Heather! congrats for Alexis' milestone :)

and it sucks when insurance doesn't cover speech therapy..I have the same issue but none i can't do..i pay out of my own pocket...sigh! but what to do...

have a nice day!!

Just Jaime said...

How sweet! That silly Miley song gave me goosebumps when those cute kids sang it!

Sharon said...

Awwww! I would have cried, too! Congrats to Alexis.
And I am so sorry to hear about your insurance. That is just not right. I hope that Brandon improves with his therapy. Anne had speech therapy from age 1 to 2 and it really helped!!!

Nati Tristan said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LITTLE GIRL! Actually young lady ;o) May God bless her in her new middle school adventure and her bright future!

Sand and Sunshine said...

I like yellow but that gym looks a little like the 1980's threw up on it.

Middle School by forth grade, wow, I didn't get to middle school until 7th grade. My, my, my.

Stupid insurance. Doesn't cover DD's inhalers! And in a different case they wanted me to pay more in copay's then the appointment cost! Sorta like what you're going through. TTFN. Take care.

Laurie! said...

I feel you on the insurance issue. Sometimes I wonder why I even pay for insurance. They keep raising the cost of my insurance but then giving me crappier coverage. I don't understand how that works! Health insurance companies are not operating legally.

Lana Gramlich said...

The entire U.S. healthcare/insurance system really makes me miss Canada...believe me!

Time sure flies, though. The last time I saw my nephews they were 2 and 4. Now I think they're 9 and 11. :(