Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Wanna Talk About Me!

I can’t believe it’s only Wednesday! This week is taking too long to get over and done with. I have a few things to share and catch you all up on so here goes.

After Lexie’s therapy appointment on Monday we ran to Hobby Lobby and grabbed a few things. I dropped her off at school and picked up the paperwork from her teacher that we need for her psychological testing. Reading through a few of the things the teacher said was enough to make me really sad. I didn’t know as much about her behavior as I thought I did and some of the things she said were just heartbreaking.

We spent yesterday at home. I finished a mini album for another challenge at Scrapbook.com after I cleaned up around the house and played with Brandon.

1: I Wanna Talk About Me Mini Album



This is the cover to my mini album! I used Crate Paper's "Neighborhood" collection throughout the album. I got almost all of the goodies I used in my Scraptastic Club May kit called “In The Hood”.

HL_Interior PagesScraptastic

I chose to scrap and journal about My Life over the past 31 years. From age 3 up until today... I journaled little highlights like where I lived and what was happening.



Here is the back of the album! I didn’t just want to say “The End” when it wasn’t really.

2: Splash



I did this page for a guest design team spot over at the Flamingo Scraps blog. I used Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air paper, doilies, chipboard, and stickers. I used Salmon Maya Mist to change the color of the Prima flower. It used to be white. The white was too bright and clashed with my page so I sprayed it. I really love how the glitter still shows through! The background was also misted with Maya Mist in Seafoam Green. It adds a watery look that I thought went perfectly with the layout's subject matter. I used old Prima packaging on this page too! It works really well as a mat for my large photo. I made the clear packaging stand out by inking the edges with more mist. I sprayed the mist into a paper towel and then rubbed carefully around the edge. I also embellished the layout using a Prima e-line flower and some Prima gems.

This layout is based on a sketch by Sketch Support. As part of my guest design spot, I'm gathering links to tons of sketch blogs and posting them all in my posts  at Flamingo Scraps for inspiration! Be sure to head over to Flamingo Scraps to check out my future posts.

Since it’s Wednesday and I can’t figure out where the entire day went, today’s journaling/blogging question is about time management. Feel free to answer in the comment field or on your own blog! Be sure to link me to your post.

How do you manage your time? Is there a tip or trick that you have that lets you accomplish more than you used to? If so, please share!

I am a chronic list maker. I have a planner full of stuff to do on a day to day basis. I keep all of my family’s appointments in there as well as my design commitment due dates. It also includes birthday and anniversaries. Basically everything! I’m sure that if I ever lost it I would cry. My life is in there. I try to break big projects down into smaller, more manageable tasks because I get a huge feeling of accomplishment when I cross something off of my list and it encourages me to keep going!

Having said all of that, I can still say that there are never enough hours in the day. If I could clone myself I totally would. Maybe with two of me I would be able to get all of the things I want to do finished!? For now I’ll just content myself with telling my poor husband, “I’m sorry the house isn’t clean.” “I had design team stuff due!” A girl’s gotta have priorities you know.

Now it’s time to go clean the bathtubs because I can only take excuses so far!

Plentiful Thank You

10 comments:

Dolores said...

I love your mini book! Great work as always. big Hugs

Just Jaime said...

I love your album name. The colors and embellies are so fun. Great idea.

As for time management...Hmmm I'm not the best. I made some serious lists before my sister's shower though. I detailed everything I needed to do before the shower and gave myself timelines, as well as shopping lists. It was really helpful.

Jasmine said...

Beautiful mini and layout! I am a lister, too...in fact, I make lists for my lists.
Hope your days are well.
Jasmine

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Love your mini! super cute.

Love your layout too.

time management? I just keep moving. lol

Cindy deRosier said...

I keep lists too, and can totally relate to the joy of scratching something off a list. I can also relate to the fact that you'd cry if you lost your list! Oh, and I love your mini book!!

Carla said...

Ok that is a super cute little mini!

Sharon said...

Heather, I love that mini-album! I love that you made it about you! And your spritzy page is awesome, too! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - blogger has been having issues, and when my blog finally came back up, yours and Vicky's comments were gone. :(

Sand and Sunshine said...

Love your "Talk about Me", very cute!

Time Management Say what? LOL, right. Haha, I just squeeze in whatever I can.

Tracy said...

Wow, I love-love-love your mini album! I really enjoy your fresh colourful style of scrapping! TFS!

April said...

This is awesome Heather!!!