Saturday, May 7, 2011

Layout Overload

Happy International Scrapbook Day! I’ve spent the past few days on scrappy overload. I’ve caught up on two classes that I was signed up for on JessicaSprague.com, and today I made four layouts and a card while participating in challenges at Scrapbook.com. Needless to say, I’ve got plenty of pages to share!

1: Camper Cards

I found these cute camper images on thehandmadehome.net. I added the sentiments in Photoshop and printed them out on white cardstock to create super easy cards.

Once I cut them out I rounded the corners on a kraft cardstock base and inked the edges of both pieces. I adhered the images and then tied the cards with twine that my good friend Nancy sent me for my birthday. I added a little bit of bling at the bottom and I called them done. Brandon loved them so much he kept trying to take them off of my table. He was calling them his cards! He’ll probably get the birthday one for his next birthday if I can hold on to it that long!

2: My Daddy & Me

Journaling: Brandon says: "My Daddy gots cars and a computer." "We play all day." "My Daddy is tall because he's four." "He likes his cars and he gots 2 telephones." "I love my Daddy lots." Photo from 2008. Interview from May 2011.

I created this page with my May Scraptastic Club kit called "Classic Girl". I also used the add on that I purchased. I was inspired to create this page by a PageMaps sketch from the May edition. The yellow sticker letters and tiny Prima were from my stash.

3: Lesson In The Looking Glass

LessonWEB

This was the last lesson in Jessica Sprague's Digi In Deeper class. I'm finally finished. I probably put it off for so long because it was a layout about me! LOL We all know how much I don’t like doing those!

4: Ten Things

TenThingsWEB

I finished my Digi In Deep class from Jessica Sprague too! I decided not to convert the large photo to sepia because I loved how well the photo matched the colors on the page. It looked much better in color. You should be able to zoom in and read the journaling if you'd like. The photo is of my grandparent's house. The flowers are from her garden.

5: Like Mother Like Daughter

DSC05122

This is my Mother's Day card for my Mom. Nothing like waiting until the last possible minute because Mother's Day is tomorrow! I still have to get it in the mail. I used my Scraptastic Club kit and add on called “Classic Girl”.

6: The Best Bug

I did this page for a NSBD challenge over at Scrapbook.com to scrap my favorite scrappy tool. As you can see, my favorite tool is my Cricut! I based this page on a May PageMaps sketch. I printed a bunch of sketches last night and grabbed a few kits to create with because I knew I would be busy scrapping today. Now I have to clean up because I'm all out of room to work. If you can't read the journaling... let me know. I'll post it. My handwriting is a tad messy! I used the Scraptastic Club Alphabet Soup for girls kit to create this page.

7: Bubble Blowing Boy

I created this page for a journaling challenge over at Scrapbook.com today. I always get carried away on my journaling so the challenge was right up my alley. This page was also inspired by a PageMaps sketch! I used my new Echo Park Little Boy paper pack. (I had already used up an entire Little Boy kit and needed another one. LOL)

8: No Swimming

Another page I created for a challenge at Scrapbook.com. This time it was to scrap photos of a place we traveled to. Journaling: The last time we went to Biloxi, MS we couldn't swim due to jellyfish! 8/2009 I used a sketch from Creating Keepsake’s bonus sketches on NSBD to inspire this page.

9: Walking On Sunshine

I’m pretty sure my grandma’s going to have a fit when she sees this one but I LOVE it. It’s my favorite layout out of the four I created today! It was for another challenge at Scrapbook.com where we had to make our own flowers. I made the lollipop flower near the title. I used my “In The Hood” kit and add on from Scraptastic Club. I love how whimsical and fun it turned out. Very much like my grandma’s personality if you ask me.

10: Photo Organization

PhotoOrganization

This isn’t a layout! It’s how I organize my photos for scrapbooking. It’s not a sophisticated system but it works for me! I took these photos as part of a challenge on photo organization on Scrapbook.com. I thought everyone that reads my blog might be interested as well…

I ordered the photos from March 2011 a few days ago and held off on sorting them because of the organizational challenge! I generally order one month at a time and then sort the photos by event. If I have several things from one event like a birthday party I'll sort those into even smaller groups. I.E. Blowing out the candles, opening presents, and playing in the bouncer.

I sorted them out and stacked them chronologically and then put them back in the photo envelopes they came in. I dated the outside of the envelope and wrote a general summary of what happened that month on the exterior of the envelope.

After that I put them in plastic containers sorted chronologically. It's a pretty cost effective system and when I need a photo I can sort through and find what I'm looking for pretty quickly due to the writing on the exterior!

11: Hello Kitty By “Hethers Dorter”

IMG

I just couldn’t pass up sharing this drawing Jordan made. She asked me if she could be on a design team just like me so I told her she could be on MY personal design team. (I invented one just for her because I’m awesome like that!) She labored over this drawing for at least an hour and has asked me daily if I’ve put it up on the “design team blog yet”. So here it is… Jordan’s first layout for my design team. Isn’t it the cutest thing ever?

I’m sure your eyes are crossing by now so I’ll leave you all with hopes that you had a happy International Scrapbook Day. I’d also like to wish everyone a Happy Mother’s Day for tomorrow as well. I’ll be back soon with a personal update. I didn’t want to mix it in with all of the projects I did because you would be reading for.ever!

Plentiful Thank You

10 comments:

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Oh m gosh look at all you got done. Love those cards and the layouts are wonderful. Tell Jordan she is an awesome DT person. Love that she wants to be like mama....

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Look at all you got done! You totally rock!!!!! Love most of the text in your blog...but then it got long so I just looked at the pretty pictures. roflmao! love ya, happy mother's day!

Charisma3103 said...

Love all the layouts and projects hun...

Nati Tristan said...

I Absolutely love all your work! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! God Bless!

Sharon said...

Girl, you've been BUSY!!!! I love each and every project you posted! Awesome work, my friend. And my FAV of all is Jordan's picture that she made for you. Awwwwwww - so sweet!
Happy Mother's Day!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome work! I love Jordan's first DT assignment. If you can convince the other two to join the team, you can have even more scrappy time for yourself!

BTW, I read Jordan's writing as "Hethers Dotter" (two t's, not an rt), because the word is pronounced dotter. Then I realized that you guys might actually have accents that make it sound like dorter! The internet is a weird thing- I've known you for a few years now and consider you "my friend Heather in Louisiana," but I have no idea what your voice sounds like.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [09 May 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Christine said...

Wowzers...look at all that! AWESOME! I really love that Dad & me layout and would love it if you would submit it to Practical Scrappers for our dad & kids call. practicalscrapperslayouts@gmail.com

Sand and Sunshine said...

Two Thumbs Up for Jordan's contribution!

Paisley Petals said...

Love your daughter's first DT assignment! How sweet :)

I sent you a PM last night on scrapbook.com...let me know if you just want me to email it to ya!