Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Lazy Day

We went out to Hammond for Lexie’s therapy on Monday. The therapist keeps reiterating that Alexis needs to practice her anger management meditation strategies. The issue with that is that when Alexis is angry, she refuses to do the techniques. She huffs, puffs, and makes ridiculous spitting noises; instead of taking deep breaths like she should. It doesn’t matter how many times I make her redo it! At times, I’ll admit I get frustrated and just send her to her room. If she won’t cooperate I can’t force her to do it.

I wasn’t able to bring Alexis to school after the appointment because she missed lunch and we had a few a few errands to run. We picked up her new medicine with the higher dosage and then we ran to the library to drop off some things that were due. She enjoyed spending the day at home. Thank goodness, she also had a really good day behavior wise!

Yesterday, I spent the entire day at school with Jordan. She had her end of the year celebration at Lyon. She had an absolute blast! I took a ton of photos and a video to share.

Jordan is absolutely fearless. The school rented two huge water slides and I was concerned that she wouldn’t be able to climb up. She just climbed on and did it. I am really careful not to let her know how much I worry that she won’t be able to do things. I want her to try EVERYTHING. She won’t figure out what she’s capable of doing if I hold her back.



The teacher and I kept track of 20+ students and it was mass chaos! We were incredibly relieved to take our lunch break so we could rest for a few minutes. When we sat down I slipped my shoes off because my feet were killing me! I sat next to my shoes on Jordan’s towel and when I looked over I saw this…



I’m claiming that it’s because I have so much going on in my mind all the time! Albert Einstein couldn’t tie his own shoes and apparently I can’t match mine. (Not that I’m claiming to be THAT smart. LOL)

I took this next series of photos while holding my breath. You’ll see why as you scroll down.



At first, she’s contemplating the steep ladder. She was smiling and excited. I had my fingers and toes crossed hoping she would make it up to the top. She didn’t want help. “No, Mommy.” “I want to do it myself just like the other kids.”



Then she did it! Not once, but four or five times. Every single time she smiled from ear to ear. We were both beaming with pride. She’s come such a long way and I’m amazed by her every single day!

The school also called the fire department and had them bring a fire truck to water day. Jordan went over and introduced herself to the firemen before they started spraying everyone. She’s such a social little sweetheart!



I think she liked it. Even though the water was freezing cold and she was shivering at the end, she was still grinning like crazy!

4

Here’s the video I took. If you want to see some serious chaos click play!




I'm having a lazy day today to recuperate from all of the "fun" yesterday. I'm catching up on email, blogs, and housework. Before I forget, I also have a layout to share! It’s called “Just Add Water”.

DSC04815

I created it as part of my guest design team spot over at Flamingo Scraps for the month of May. I am featuring different sketch blogs for inspiration on every post. This time around I used a sketch from The Scrappiest.

http://flamingoscraps.blogspot.com/2011/05/guest-dt-heather-landry-just-add-water.html

Journaling: Maw Maw Chicken knows how to keep the grandkids entertained. You just add water. It keeps them busy! 6/2009

Supplies: I used the Cosmo Cricket Salt Air paper, doilies, chipboard, and stickers that I purchased at Flamingo Scraps to make this page. I used the Seafoam Green Maya Mist to lightly mist the background. I also used Prima E-Line Gems and Flowers.

As I worked on my page, I came up with a quick tip for altering Thickers on layouts with a water theme. I placed these yellow Thickers on my page for my title, but I thought they were too plain. To dress them up a bit, I added diamond glaze on top of the letters. Even when the letters are dry, they still have a wet look that works really well with the photos!

*Speaking of inspiration, it’s Wednesday again! That means it’s time for another journaling/blogging question. Feel free to answer the question in my comments section or link me back to your blog post!

Do you exercise? What is your favorite way to work out?

I get a good bit of exercise playing outside with the kids. I am always puttering around because I can’t sit still for too long. I need to get back into a scheduled exercise program though. I was doing really well keeping up with a daily workout on the Wii. Unfortunately, when I got sick and was put on bed rest I couldn’t continue. I’ve been trying to come up with something I can do all Summer with the kids because the Wii gets a bit boring after a while. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Plentiful Thank You

9 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Geocaching is AWESOME exercise because you're hiking and running around and not even aware you're doing it. Your kids would LOVE it!

Just Jaime said...

Looks like chaos! The video was funny. It sounded like one child continuously screaming =)

I exercise. I got a gym membership to Planet Fitness and try to go before work. I usually got 2-4 times a week. I've been using The New Rules of Lifting for Women to help with weight training and I run on the treadmill. I use the term run loosely.

Carla said...

Looks like alot of family fun. Love your lay out, its adorable.

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Ok Heather I so had to laugh about the flip flop thing. My first thuoght was you need to get a little more sleep. LOL. All the kids look like they had a blast. Your layout is WONDERFUL. Loved it......

Nati Tristan said...

LOL! My mom and I have dones that whole "non matching shoes" thing! Oh priceless! lol! Those are all wonderful pictures and I truely do like your layout you created with such fun colors! Now in regards to exercise.. obviously I haven't done much..BUT.. i love aerobics! Aerobic/zumba classes are such a blast and you pretty much forget you are working out sometimes. (well depending! lol)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Love the photos and videos...and heck, the shoes match, they are both flip flops. Great grammar usage btw. hee hee

exercise? how about running around like a chicken with my head cut off? driving? I just need to find some time.

cute layout. hugs

Julie said...

Your layouts are so cute!

I have an award for you. Please go to the 2nd list.

http://designs-by-julie.blogspot.com/2011/05/2-more-awards.html

Julie
designs-by-julie.blogspot.com

Sand and Sunshine said...

Sounds like an awesome day. My favorite exercise ends in "X" so there. :-P

Leah. said...

Looks like an amazing day! Jordan? Dang! That girl is like the poster child for resilance and persistance and everything in between :)