Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother’s Day Madness

Good morning everyone! I decided to drop in to write a quick post before we have to run off to bring Alexis to therapy.

Last Thursday we got Alexis in to see her psychiatrist. I brought a video to show him of her behavior and as soon as he saw the video his eyebrows went up and he increased her medicine. (I don’t talk as much about what’s going on here on the blog anymore because I don’t want her to find it when she’s older and get upset.) Her bipolar medicine has been doubled. To be honest, we’re still hoping that it kicks in a bit more. The past few weeks have been very rough. We don’t understand how to help her any more than we already are. So, If you’re the praying kind we could surely use the prayers.

Ronnie took off of work to bring Jordan to her therapy appointment while I went with Alexis to hers on Thursday. The only appointment they had at the psychiatrist's office was at the same time as Jordan’s.  They finished before we did and went to Lowe’s on their way home. I came home to find bunches of plants they picked out as my Mother’s Day gift. We didn’t bring the girls back to school because they would’ve missed lunch. Instead, we brought them all out to lunch and went grocery shopping. When we got home after grocery shopping we all went outside and planted my new plants. It’s our Mother’s Day tradition here that I get plants every year! They know better than to buy me flowers that die. I’d rather green, growing things!

The girls had vision therapy on Friday and I took the opportunity to drop off the paperwork that Alexis needs for her psychological evaluation to her teacher. She promised me she would complete it and have it back to me today. I have to go back and get it when we are done with therapy.

National scrapbook day was Saturday. I spent the entire day scrapbooking. I created four layouts and one card that I have already posted here on my blog. I’m still working on a mini album that I’ll load later this week for the last Scrapbook.com challenge.

We celebrated Mother’s Day on Sunday by playing outside with the kids and cleaning house. I made a yummy breakfast and then we all went out and the kids played in the pool. I didn’t take any photos to share because I was entirely too busy relaxing! I also made time to scrapbook a little bit late last night. I created a new sketch/template to share, but I can’t show you yet because the digital papers I used haven’t been released for purchase.

I can show you this layout that I made a week ago because the papers and embellishments were posted for sale this morning.

9HeatherLandryPurrfectPartyWEB

The colors in Cosmo Cricket's Pixielicious line went perfectly with the party photos I took of my daughter's birthday this past weekend!

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket's Pixielicious Candy Candy
Cosmo Cricket's Pixielixious Paper Pack
It's a Start Templates Set 5
{Happy Spring} Mega Paper Pack

See you on Wednesday with a blogging/journaling question!

Plentiful Thank You

4 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Hooray for me! I read the whole post. Hope it is good news from the Teacher, and that the therapist appt. goes well. Glad you were able to relax. hugs.

Nati Tristan said...

The entire day SCRAPBOOKING???????????? JEALOUS!!! I'm so happy you did though! You deserve it! You work too hard during the week with your kids! And God Bless you with Health to continue being that way! I'm happy you had a nice mother's day!

Just Jaime said...

NSD sounds good. Sorry about Alexis, hopefully things improve soon.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Sounds like you're Santa Claus lugging around that huge bag, and what you're hiding inside isn't exactly fun. Take care and dump on me anytime you need to.

Don't forget to show of photos of your plants!