Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Peace & Quiet

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with Alexis in the emergency room. She was having some tummy troubles and I couldn’t get her in to see her pediatrician so we went to the ER instead. We spent three hours there while they resolved her tummy issues. She’s feeling a lot better now. I think the balloon helped!

DSC05556

My mother in law and father in law came to get the kids for a few hours today. I was all alone here and it was amazingly quiet. Almost too quiet! As much as I complain about the chaos… I miss them when they’re gone.

They took the kids to lunch at Olive Garden and then they went shoe shopping. The kids all got Sketchers and the girls’ shoes light up. Brandon got Crocs that have “Cars” characters on them. He is beyond thrilled with them.

They also brought the kids souvenirs from their Disney trip. The girls got gorgeous Rapunzel costumes. They were so pretty that I wished I could have one! I didn’t get any good photos of them in the costumes but you can bet that I will soon. Brandon got a huge Mack truck filled with “Cars” characters. Hmmm… I’m beginning to see a pattern here.

I got to scrapbook while the kids were out. It was nice to have a few minutes where no one needed their behind wiped! I can’t share the two layouts I finished today yet, but I have a few from the last week or so to show you.

1: Remember When…

I created this page for my guest design team spot at the Flamingo Scraps blog. Click HERE to go check out the post. I used Cosmo Cricket’s “Salt Air” collection to make this layout.

2: Some Kind Of Wonderful

I also made this page as part of my guest design team spot at Flamingo Scraps. We were all given the same four  products to work with. The design team and guest design team all came up with different projects. It’s a super fun feature. Click HERE to see that post so you can check out all of the projects!

*It’s Wednesday so it’s time for a journaling/blogging question. Feel free to answer the question in my comments section or on your own blog. Just be sure to link me back to your blog when you post so I can leave you a comment.

If you could have a superpower what would it be? Why?

I definitely wouldn’t want to fly because I am really afraid of heights. I wouldn’t want to be invisible because I wouldn’t want my toes to be stepped on. I wish that I could be super fast so I could finish everything I need to get done in a day. (Like that boy on “The Incredibles”.) I wonder how many scrapbook pages I could finish then!? If I can’t have that, I need to figure out a way to clone myself. If anyone has made progress on that… let me know. Another Heather would be mighty handy around here!

Plentiful Thank You

7 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

glad you got a break. hope alexis is still feeling better. cute, new projects.

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Glad Alexis is feeling better. What wonderful layouts......

Nati Tristan said...

I'm so happy you had quiet time and that her tummy is better. Grandparents are awesome! And I know what you mean about getting your own costume! All Disney costumes are adorable! Now If I had superpowers.. hmm.. I think I would be stretch.. I loveeeee stretch from the Incredibles! She's just so agile.. PLUS lol! I wouldn't have to get up all the time! lol!

Cindy deRosier said...

My superpower would be not needing sleep. That way I'd have 8 extra hours to myself each day to do whatever I want while everyone else is sleeping.

Just Jaime said...

Love your layouts. Great design on the first one. Glad Alexis is feeling better.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Glad to hear Alexis is doing better. I think a stomach bug surely must be going around. So many little crutches on the wall behind her!

My superpower: I want to be like Stitch in the "Lilo and Stitch" movies. But if I had to pick just one thing I'd want that extra set of arms he has that he can pull out and tuck away as needed, way cool!

ms.schwiet said...

Glad to hear she's better...poor dear...love the new pages