Monday, May 30, 2011

Reactive Attachment Disorder

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Mine hasn’t been so very happy. I brought Alexis to her therapy appointment and it’s official… the therapist says that she has severe Reactive Attachment Disorder. This isn’t something that can be treated with medication and it won’t ever go away. I’ve requested a bunch of RAD parenting books from the library to see if learning anything new will help. I’m always looking for new solutions and information. The diagnosis really explains a lot of her behavior.

I shouldn’t spend much time blogging today because everyone is off. I think we may head to the park, but before I go I have a few layouts to share!

1: I Am A Mommarazzi

DSC05582WEB

I used the last scraps of my Classic Girl kit from Scraptastic Club to create this page. I added tons of stuff from my stash as well. The flowers are from my stash. One is cut on my Cricut. The black star pin is from a past Scraptastic Club kit. I added the Dymo Labels and the Jillibean Sprouts. I printed the vintage camera on some Red River textured paper and cut it out. It's from a digital brush set called "Vintage Cameras". I also used random letters from my stash and some Twinery twine that my friend Nancy got me. I was going for a simple look here but I think it ended up rather busy in the end. Oh well!

2: I Love Water

I created this page about my son's love of water with the June Scraptastic Club kit called "Surf's Up". I also used the add-on pack. The colors in the Fancy Pants papers really worked well with my son's bathing suit. I used Tim Holtz Distress stain on parts of the kraft cardstock.

Everything is from the kit and add on except for the kraft background and the few iRock stones I added. I used sketch 119 by Liz Chidester as the inspiration for this page.

3: Make A Splash

Journaling: This was your first time on a slip 'n slide. You never did slide on your belly. You walked on it and suffered in the heat! 6/2009

This page is based on a sketch I created. It'll be available on the Ideas For Scrapbookers blog later in June. I used my “Surf’s Up” Scraptastic Club kit and add on again. I added iRock gems from my stash. I used the blue ink in the kit to ink some of the edges of my papers.

Plentiful Thank You

10 comments:

Just Jaime said...

A diagnosis is both a relief and panic attack all at once. RAD can be treated with therapy. It's great it's been diagnosed so young.

Great layouts!

Heather Landry said...

I should rephrase the "can't be treated" part of the first paragraph. I meant with medicine. It can be treated with therapy and Alexis has been in therapy for six years now. Ever since she came to live with us! Since her RAD is so severe it doesn't seem to be getting better even though we've been through several different therapists and many different techniques.

Thank you Jaime!

Sharon said...

Heather, I have read a lot about RAD since we adopted Anne. I will keep all of you in my prayers, my friend.

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Love your layouts. Hugs and prayers. I know you can get through this official diagnosis. While it is not what you had hoped to hear, knowing may offer a little comfort.

Cindy Gay said...

I love the "I love water" layout and of course the layout of you as you look like a kid too!

Nati Tristan said...

I love all the layouts, but I especially love that mommarazzi one!! Just too cute and you are so adorable!!! Very Very creative and cute.. I'm happy I can comment on a lot of the blogs now.. still having trouble with a few!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh honey my heart goes out to you and your family, take care. As always great layouts.

Izzyb said...

I hate to hear that you didn't get better news. I know you will arm yourself with all the knowledge you can and will surround her in love. She is so lucky to to have a Mama Bear like you who will furiously protect her and look after her best interests. On a happier note, I love your layouts. No surprise there!

Lana Gramlich said...

I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis and wish you all the best, of course. Feel free to drop me a line if you ever need an ear to bend. *hug*
Love the new scrapbook pages, especially the 2nd one. Very colorful and happy!

Mindy said...

i am so sorry to hear of another trial for you and your family to have to face. but you, who you are, you will totally triumph. ((hugs))
cute layouts too by the by.. ;)