Monday, May 23, 2011

Resisting An Education

Summer vacation has been pretty interesting so far. On Friday, the two little kids decided that they were going to teach our dog how to read. Lady was not interested! She rolled over and covered her eyes with her paw. I just happened to snap the photo at the right time. It was too funny!

Ronnie brought Jordan to ride her horse on Saturday. I spent the day cleaning the house and playing with the kids. Alexis is still having a rough time.  A lot of my energy is spent redirecting her and making sure she’s not doing something she isn’t supposed to be doing.

We went swimming at a friend’s house on Sunday. He has an amazing salt water pool and we always have a blast over there. I love it for taking photos too! The scrapbooker in me smiles when I get photos like these.

My kids “borrowed” Chuck’s rafts too. They had so many floaties on that they couldn’t sink if they would’ve wanted to. Yes, I am very paranoid but I’m also proud to say that they all survived. It’s a trade off! Plus, floaties cover more skin which equals less skin that can sunburn. Did I mention I put SPF 70+ on them? If I could wrap my babies in bubble wrap I would.

I also have a few layouts to share today. Lately I’ve been doing more digital scrapbooking because things have been hectic and I haven’t had much time to pull out my paper goodies.

1: Family

23HeatherLandryFamilyWEB

I'm rarely in photos with my kids so I had to scrap this one right away. Journaling: We may not have it all together, but together we have it all. Bay St. Louis, MS. Me & My Kids (2011)

Supplies:
Togetherness Paper Pack
Togetherness Candy Candy
very krafty-mixed bag
Crystal's {Doodley-Doo} Journaling Brushes
Crystal's {Tons of Scallops} Template Kit
Needs + Wants: Eyelets Galore 02
Fonts are Typewriter and Tracey.

2: Summer Days

HeatherLandrySummerDaysWEB

This is a redo on a lesson from Jessica Sprague's Up & Running class. I used the template she created, but I didn't follow her instructions on what paper and embellies to use. I did my own thing!

Crystal's {Doodley-Doo} 12x12 Borders
Summer Days Paper Pack
Summer Days Elements #1
Summer Days Elements #2
Summer Days Alphabet
Fonts: Lobster & Typewriter
Template from Jessica Sprague's "Up & Running" class.

3: Week 20 (Project 365 from 2011)

Week 20 (May 14, 2011 to May 20, 2011)WEB

Another week in my Project 365 series. I loved this template with all of the squares. It made it super easy to scrap the things that happened this week!

Supplies: Creativity By Crystal's Rounded Corner Template, Audrey Neal's The Write Stuff Kit, Carina Gardner's Design 365 "A Year Of Rub Ons", and the font is called "Typewriter".

7DaysinMay2011flyer

Last but not least, I want to remind you that the 7 Days In May Challenge starts today! Click on the image above to go to the forum at JessicaSprague.com so you can participate in all of the fun activities. Liv has an amazing free template available for download today!

Plentiful Thank You

8 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

thinking bubble wrap might increase the chances of sunburn as the clear plastic would concentrate the rays.

love your new project.

get those kids in some swim lessons girl!

Just Jaime said...

Great layouts.

You got some great photos too. Teaching the dog to read? where do they come up with these things?

Cindy Gay said...

Like everyone's sunglasses. You're right, the template is very nice. Smart dog!

Michelle said...

Brit would read to our dogs too. Mine just kind of laid there, I think tuning her out!! LOL Glad you had fun at Chuck's!! Still nowhere near warm enough for any kind of water play! TONS of tornadoes up here this weekend and rain! Not making it out of the 60's yet, temp-wise. I think we are going to get jipped on summer. Hang in there!! I hope things get better with Lexie!

Nati Tristan said...

Teaching the dog how to read??????????? LOL! Love it!!! That's a new trick i have to try to teach my dogs as well! lol! adorable! Wonderful work Heather!

Lana Gramlich said...

*LOL @ teaching the dog to read!*
You never can be to serious about sunscreen these days, unfortunately. During our vacation I forgot to slather one day & got badly burned in a very short time. It was a cloudy day & although I know that doesn't matter, psychologically my lower brain seems to think it should. Years ago I was hiking in New Zealand (0% ozone layer there,) & was burned so badly in a half hour that I had bleeding sores along my hairline!
I obviously need to practice what I preach more than I seem to...

Lynn Biermann said...

Wonderful layouts!! I really like the one with you & you kids!!I got a chuckle out of the bubble wrap sunblock... plus that one will be an awesome lo. Thanks for sharing!

Paisley Petals said...

Your layouts are totally my style! So glad I found you :) I have some questions about your Project 365 if you don't mind humoring me...I will PM you through scrapbook.com if that's ok!