Monday, June 6, 2011

Return To Chaos

Jordan and Brandon spent the night at their grandparent’s house last night. It was so very quiet here that we didn’t know what to do with ourselves. Even Alexis was bored! This morning I kept her really busy. We ran to CVS to do our couponing and then we went grocery shopping. Wal-mart was packed so we ended up checking out two hundred dollars worth of groceries through the self check out. Let me tell you… it was an adventure to say the least.

Now the two little kids are back and everything is back to normal! The kids are fighting and running around. Chaos has returned. Yay! I am about to have to go cook dinner but I have a few layouts to share before I head off to do that.

1: Project 365 from 2011 Week 22

Week22 (May 28, 2011 to June 3, 2011)WEB

When I saw Liv's template from the 7 Days of May challenge I knew it would work perfectly for scrapping a Project 365 page. It took me a little longer to get it together and I didn't have time to upload it for the challenge, but I'm finally finished!

Supplies: Dutch Girl Paper Pack
Dutch Girl Candy Candy & Elements
Ez-Pz Template No. 7

2: Keep Cool This Summer

The look on Alexis' face in the center photo cracks me up every time I see it. She's like... "NO WAY!" Hehe

Journaling: Alexis and Brandon keep cool on their playdate with Susanna + Julien in the fountains. 6/2009

I used my Scraptastic Club "Surf's Up" kit and add on to create this layout. I loved the Fancy Pants Beach Bum papers and embellies that Jessica packed in this month's kit. Everything came from the kit except for a few iRock gems.

I used a sketch by Liz Chidester as inspiration for this layout. Her sketches are fantastic!

3: Summer Beach

Journaling: We are so lucky to live five minutes away from an amazing park with fountains to cool off in. When the Louisiana heat gets to be too much, we pack up the car and head to the Abita Trailhead for wet and wild fun. I think they like it! 6/2009

Yet more fountain photos… Would you believe I still have MORE? At least 20 or 30 more. Yikes!

I used my June Scraptastic Club kit and add on called "Surf's Up" to create this page. I think one of my favorite embellies from this kit has to be the twine. It's sooo fun to use!

Plentiful Thank You

6 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Great layouts. Glad the chaos has returned =)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

great layouts.

Cindy Gay said...

I'm glad you're appearing in the layouts these days! Very nice. The pool looks inviting.

Michelle said...

Cute stuff!! Well the heat has arrived here. Like I said, it will either not arrive at all or if it does, it will be in full force. It was 98 today with the humidity just as high. And.. it was a rare day of no wind! Streets/freeways were buckling. It is only to cool down to the mid 70's and back up there again tomorrow. So... just wanted to let you know, you aren't the only one. Only thing.. we don't have cool fountains to play in! I think we got jipped.

Sand and Sunshine said...

To funny about welcoming back the chaos.

ms.schwiet said...

Wow these are very amazing!!!!! Love the back and white in the first... that second year has some super embellishments....and the ribbon around the picture in the third is awesome