Monday, July 11, 2011

Does Anyone Need A Taxi?

I spent today driving in circles. I drove for forty-five minutes to Hammond, Louisiana and forty-five minutes back for Alexis’ therapy appointment. We grabbed a quick lunch at home and then we had to run out again to the pediatrician’s office. Jordan had some follow up testing to do so we could be sure that her kidney infection had resolved. (It has!) The kids have so many therapy appointments lately that I keep threatening to buy a taxi sign to stick to the top of my van. We have SIX standing appointments per week. That’s not adding in any additional doctor’s appointments, school functions, or extracurricular activities. I keep saying if I could only clone myself… things would be a lot easier!

Did I mention I didn’t have any coffee this morning? I forgot to buy some at the store and I almost cried when I opened the cabinet this morning. I managed to muddle through the day and Ronnie bought coffee on the way home. He knows the way to my heart is caffeine. Ha! Forget chocolate and roses… coffee is the way to go!

We stayed home this past weekend except for early Saturday morning when Ronnie brought Jordan to hippotherapy. He took Alexis with them so Brandon and I could go do the “Build And Grow” clinic at Lowes. I’m super excited that he’s finally big enough to go! We built a tow truck and he was so thrilled. It was really nice to be able to spend some one on one time with him. We will definitely be going again!

I caught up on my design team work on Sunday! I was totally inspired by the new goodies at Jessica Sprague’s site. I have a TON of layouts to share today.

1. Mundane Magic

11HeatherLandryMundane MagicWEB

When I saw this template from In The Making I thought the title would work really well with the photos of a tiny baby bird that I saw at my grandma's house.

Supplies:
It's a Start Templates Set 6
Carina Gardner's La Petite Paperie Provence Papers
Carina Gardner's La Petite Paperie Provence Arrows
Carina Gardner's La Petite Paperie Provence Tickets
In The Making 4 Ever Mini
Jessica Sprague's Digi In Deeper
Botanique Brushes
Sitting Pretty Accent Pack
Fresh Blooms Digital Kit
Pretty Felt Feathers
Splendid Fiins' Flea Market Brads
Butterfly Brush By Mouritsa
Needs + Wants: Stitchies Vol.2 {Spring Garden Collection}

2. Remember When

11HeatherLandryRememberWhenWEB

My kids spent Sunday doing strange things as usual. They're going to love the fact that I've documented all of this when they're older. (Not!) Who would’ve thought that making “butt prints” would be so much fun?

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air Paper Pack
Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air Candy Candy
Font: Typewriter
Kraft Paper from Jessica Sprague's Digi In Deeper Class

3. Week 27 Project 365 from 2011

Week 27 (July 2, 2011 to July 8, 2011)WEB

I combined two of Crystal's Rounded Corner templates to create my two page layout for this week of Project 365!

Supplies:
Echo Park's Country Drive Paper Pack
Echo Park's Country Drive Element Pack One
Echo Park's Country Drive Element Pack 2
border punches -set two
Crystal's {Rounded Corner} Templates
DESIGN 365 - A Year of Rubons

I don’t know if you all have heard but I have some super exciting news from Jessica Sprague to share… She’s teaching a new class! It’s all about portrait editing. I’ve always been curious about how to edit those types of photos so I’ll be participating. I’d love to see you there as well. Here is the info…

“Take your portraits to the next level with advanced editing and retouching techniques. This two-week video-based online class will show you how! Registration is now open! Class size is unlimited. Class runs July 18-31!”

Click on the image below to go to Jessica’s site for more information and pricing.

ape

Before I go tonight, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who stopped by and left encouraging comments about Alexis. We are still taking it a day at a time. Her therapist and psychiatrist are very concerned and so are we. The psychiatrist increased some of her medicines but we are not seeing a positive effect. If anything her behavior has become more erratic. Thank you all again for all of the prayers and the kind thoughts. They mean the world to our family!

Plentiful Thank You

7 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

I totally think you should have a sign on the top of your car. hee hee....love your newest projects. have fun in your class. and hooray for coffee!!!!

Wendy Rasbach said...

I just have to say I LOVE the title "mundane magic" and that my girls would totally make butt prints if they'd thought of it! :) Hang in there...glad Ronnie brought you your coffee. There's only so much a woman can take, right? :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Wow- six standing appointments a week is crazy. I don't know how you manage to get anything else done, let alone all the gorgeous scrapping you do. Future blog post idea- how the heck do you find/make time to scrap?!

Continued best wishes that Alexis' medication helps and things settle down. It must be so hard for all of you, living in a such a state of chaos.

Moondust47 said...

I love the Remember When LO!! Not just the design and color scheme but the content. Hahaha on Butt prints! That sounds like something my sis and I would do. I'll keep sending positive energy your way! Have a great day!

Just Jaime said...

Ugh, I hate having to run all over town.

How fun to spend time with Brandon one on one; he looks like he LOVED it =)

Haha butt prints!

Linda Jordan said...

I absolutely love your layouts! They are so gorgeous :) I really love your color schemes. My favorite is the two page layout, but they are all amazing!!

Amanda Sevall said...

Love your layouts!! And that you put a screenshot of your blog on your 365 layout. Great idea!! :)