Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Goodies!

I’m dropping by with a super quick post! I can’t be on long because my girls have  friend over. They are watching The Little Mermaid 2 again. It’s a wonder my brain cells haven’t all committed suicide! Jeez.

Maybe they haven’t died because I’ve been exercising them with my mad math skills? I’ve been couponing at CVS lately. I’m no where near as good as some people but last Sunday I got my biggest haul yet. I got all of this stuff for $3.84 out of pocket! The value of everything is over $50.00. The gum and sunflower seeds were fillers so I could use my Extra Care Bucks. I won’t need to buy shaving cream for months!

You totally can’t beat that right? I’m not like the extreme couponers. I only buy and take home what my family actually uses. We have a small house and don’t have enough room to have a “toothpaste room” like the crazy people on that Extreme Couponing show!

Speaking of goodies, I got my new Scraptastic Club kits in today and they are both just beautiful. I especially love the yellow letters in the Out of Print kit. The text on the papers is such a neat design feature too.

Capture

The coordinating add on is wonderful too! Those blue chipboard letters are so cool. I love how the centers aren’t cut out. Pretty neat right? The colors are so girlie and pretty.

Capture3

I’m going to admit here that I bought the second kit this month and I am SO very glad that I did! This one is called Summer Star and it’s a perfectly playful kit. I am looking forward to digging in and creating with it. I’m having a hard time choosing which one to use first!

Capture2

The space themed add on to this kit makes it PERFECT for scrapping Alexis’ Stennis Space Center field trip from last year.

Capture5

If you don’t hear from me for a while you’ll know where I am!(Buried up to my elbows in paper and happily crafting!) I’ll also be getting the kids’ stuff ready for school. I’m happy/sad to say that Brandon was accepted for pre-school this morning and he will be going in three weeks. It’s a blessing that he can go. I’m just bummed because he’s the last baby. Everyone is growing up entirely too quickly!

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Good haul. Yeah, I don't have the space for a toothpaste room either!

Heather Landry said...

Jamie,

I'd totally build a scrapbook room WAY before I'd build a toothpaste one. LOL

Wendy Rasbach said...

Good haul! :) I secretly love watching those crazy toothpaste hoarding people on that show. My husband and I are always agast that they don't use their powers for good--like the woman who had MOUNTAINS of diaper packages, but wasn't even married yet. Donate at least some of them for heavens sake! LOL Same thing with the mounds and mounds of cat food..some animal shelter somewhere would LOVE those.

Keep crafting and couponing so those brain cells live to watch Little Mermaid 2 again another day! :)

Heather Landry said...

The guy with the toothpaste room DID actually donate stuff to the military for care kits. So that was good! I just can't get over the fact that he had a ROOM for toothpaste. His wife could scrapbook in there! LOL

Cindy deRosier said...

Preschool will be a blessing, not just for him but for you. Think of crafting time with no kids around! I do hear you about the kids growing up too quickly though. My one and only starts kindergarten in three weeks. Eek!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

hee hee...no toothpaste room here either. great haul tho..and you know it is only a matter of time before you are hoarding shaving cream! bwaaa haa haaa

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [28 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Amanda Sevall said...

Toothpaste room?! yikes! :) Great job on saving money though... more to spend on scrappy stuff!! ;)