Tuesday, July 19, 2011

One Of Those Months?

If I said that today has been one of those days it would be an understatement. In fact, this entire month has been a mild to moderate disaster. I am trying really hard to focus on the positive here lately but it has been hard. I haven’t felt much like scrapbooking or chatting with friends. It’s really tough when people that you trusted show you a whole different side of themselves to you. I’m just stunned and scrambling to fix relationships when I don’t even know if they will ever be repairable. In fact, I’m not totally sure that I want to put the effort into it.

Instead of letting all of this get me down, I’m going to list a few things that I’m grateful for to get me out of this funk.

1. I have the most supportive husband in the world. He has always stood by my side and I am so thankful that he believes and trusts in me.

2. I am lucky to have amazing friends who listen to me whine and offer awesome advice. You know who you are ladies. Thank you!

3. I already have all of my kids’ school supplies and uniforms purchased and ready to go! I can’t believe school starts on August 8th.

4. I have design team work to keep my mind busy and occupied! It keeps me inspired and gives me goals to meet and things to do.

5. CHA! I am really looking forward to the new goodies coming out from all of the scrapbook manufacturers. Let the drooling and spending money begin!

6. The kids have been doing well lately. Alexis had an amazing day two days in a row! We made sure to make a really big deal about her making good choices.

I have a few scrapbook pages that I made last week to share. So far there’s been nothing this week but I’m hoping to change that tomorrow. Come on mojo!

1: So This Is Love

18Heather Landry_SoThisIsLoveWEB

Journaling: July 4, 2011 Brandon noticed that Jordan was having problems driving a power wheel car. He jumped in and offered to drive her around. She was thrilled!

Supplies:
My Template
LE PETITE PAPERIE Marguerite
LE PETITE PAPERIE Marguerite Cards
Artisan Label Templates No.2
Cosmo Cricket Gluber Flowers
Brush*Abilities
Fresh Blooms Digital Kit

Other Supplies:
Flowers by Manue and Fanette. Bling by Blythe Evans. Sanding Brush from NRJ (Downloaded during the Brushabilities class.)

2: Week 28

Week28 (July 9, 2011 to July 15, 2011)WEB

I tried to do my own thing with Jessica's extra "Graphic" kit from the Digi In Deeper class. I really loved the combination of the different colors. Of course, I added more stuff to shabby it up a bit. I just had to! I have scrappy style ADHD. I can't make up my mind! LOL

Supplies:
DESIGN 365 - A Year of Rubons
The {365 Challenge} Templates - July 2009
Map, Butterfly, and Ornament Brushes By Mouritsa
Knotty Girl Paper Pack
Needs + Wants: Stitchies Vol.2 {Spring Garden Collection}
Overlay by Liv.E Designs from the template linked below.
EZ-PZ Template 01
@ the office supplies 1
I also used papers and embellishments that were supplied by Jessica Sprague in the class below!
Digi In Deeper

3: Good Times

18HeatherLandryGoodTimesWEB

Journaling: Today I took you to your first "Build And Grow" clinic at Lowes. I'm pretty sure you liked it. In fact, you asked if we could do it again before we even made it out to the parking lot. I took this photo of you in front of the store. You were so very proud of the tow truck you built and I was proud of you! July 9, 2011

Supplies:
Social Club Paper Pack
Social Club Candy Candy
{Creativity by Design} Templates 3 & 4

I also have a layout that my friend Nancy made with one of my latest sketches to share. Isn’t it cute?! I love the title so very much.

future so bright

If you like her page, you can go here to her blog and check out more lovely scrapbook projects!

One last note before I go, another friend of mine is selling a TON of brand new scrappy goodies on Ebay and she asked me to share her listings today. So if you’re interested, click here!

Wood Grain Thank you

10 comments:

Just Jaime said...

So sorry this month has been so rough for you. I was just thinking about you on my drive home and wondering how things were going. I pray things improve. Congrats on Alexis doing so well for 2 days in a row! Love your new layouts. My favorite is "Good Times" the colors are lovely!

Mitralee said...

I love your real life blogging! I am sad things are rough, but you never do know what lays around the corner! Awesome pages! Yours are always so full of life!!

Paisley Petals said...

I am in LOVE with that first layout - those colors are so ME!

As for your month :-\ I'm having one of those days...let's hope it doesn't turn into a month!

Love your picture ideas for your 365 layout!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Continued hugs and prayers...you can get through this. Love the layouts.

Amanda Sevall said...

Hang in there Heather! So sorry you've had so many challenging things happen recently. So glad to hear that Alexis had some good days. You must be so proud! More cute layouts too - I really need to start scrapbooking again! :) Hugs to you!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Love your LOs, as always. So sorry to hear things have been so hard. Thank goodness for Ronnie and your close friends. So glad to hear that Alexis has had a few good days- fingers crossed and prayers your way.

Cindy Gay said...

"This is Love" and "Good Times are just great. Photos are well done!

Patrice said...

Hang in there...your layouts are gorgeous, and I'm sure you'll have fun at CHA!

rockwelldesigns said...

Hi Heather, Hope things get better for you! It is great that you can make a list of the things that you are thankful for. That works for me also. Your layouts are beautiful! Take Care.

Sue said...

Hugs to you Heather, hang in there, you have such positive energy :) Love your layouts!