Monday, July 25, 2011

Sharing Pages

I finally got to scrapbook! I was having a really hard time due to the fact that I cut my right pointer finger on a can while cooking a week ago. I’ve since decided that it’s much too dangerous for me to cook, so I should stop that and scrapbook instead. It’s getting better slowly. I’ve finally been able to play with paper and click my mouse to scrap digitally. Yay!

1: I’d Pick You

HeatherLandry_I'dPickYou

I tried something a little bit different this time around with matting the background of the layout off kilter. I'm not sure if I love it because you all know me and my straight lines, but I'm calling it done.

I was inspired by Sketch #53 from the Sketch Savvy blog. I used my Scraptastic Club Pyrus kit to create this page. I only added a couple of things from my stash. The banner is dimensional and the top photo is also popped high up off of the page to accommodate the texture of the torn burlap. This page was lots of fun to make. I miss Brandon being so little!

2: Just Horsing Around

Ever since Jessica started offering add ons for sale at Scraptastic Club I've been working on fussying my layouts up a bit so I can use up all of the goodies. I made the pink and red flower out of ribbon included with the kit. The only thing I added to my Scraptastic Club July "Sweet Summertime" kit to create this page was a few blingy pearls and two buttons.

This page is about Jordan being invited for a private one on one tour of "Clyde The Clydesdale's" barn. His owner spent hours with her letting her feed him and showing her all of his tricks. Jordan met Bonnie & Clyde through her horse therapy program where she rides to help her with the muscle tightness she experiences due to her cerebral palsy.

I almost forgot! Scraptastic Club is sponsoring this week at Sketch Inspiration and I did this page using one of their sketches. It'll be featured there as an example page this week.

3: Making Friends

25HeatherLandryMaking FriendsWEB

I totally fell in love with last week's Template Tuesday by Sheri Horton. This is what I ended up with! I love these photos of Alexis meeting her horse for the first time. She’s now riding for therapy.

Supplies:
LE PETITE PAPERIE Basile
LE PETITE PAPERIE Basile Cards
Evidence-file frames
Loopies Vol.1 - Flutterby
Ornament Brushes by Mouritsa
Cora Paper Pack
Sitting Pretty Accent Pack
Fonts: Pharmacy, My Own Topher, and England Hand
Template by Sheri Horton
Needs + Wants: Stitchies Vol.2 {Spring Garden Collection}

I have another post coming up with the stuff our family has been doing lately but this post has already gotten too long! I also have to edit the photos before I post them.

Wood Grain Thank you

10 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Love your title work on all three! Great work!

Mindy said...

what fantastic therapy!! hope your finger gets all the way better. ;)

Cindy deRosier said...

All fab, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE 'Making Friends.' Love the colors, love the photo placement, love the polka dots and stripes, love the accent flower, love the flourishes.

Paisley Petals said...

Love your title & journaling on the pumpking LO. Drooling over "Just Horsing Around"! Love the colors and mix of textures :)

Cindy Gay said...

Making friends is very nice, nice photo sequence, arrangement. . . professionally done!

Izzyb said...

Heather, your pages are just wonderful. No surprise there! I especially like Just Horsing Around. Love the flower. Great post.

Sharon said...

These are the BEST layouts, Heather! I love all three! You are such an amazing mom!!!!!
(I nominated you for the sweet blog award!)

Patricia said...

Love all of the fall colors and those horses...just beautiful! Found your blog through Sharon.

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love your new projects. great post. now cut it out...too much blogging.

Amanda Sevall said...

Cute, cute, cute and more cute! Loving your layouts!! :)