Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Favorite

It’s so very hard to choose a favorite scrapbook manufacturer. A few people have asked me lately, and it’s hard to choose a favorite because I love so many different companies. It’s like comparing apples to oranges! I do find myself gravitating to Echo Park’s lines lately. Their patterns and color choices seem to fit where I am as far as my scrapping style. These are a few of my favorite Echo Park projects that I’ve completed over the past few months.

I am absolutely in love with the new Country Drive collection. I have made four layouts with it so far but the one above is my favorite. The colors were perfect for scrapping my daughter’s visit to Clyde’s barn. I used a ton of the sticker embellishments, but I added dimension by added popped up layers. I used crochet flowers and buttons to add interest. I also did quite a bit of border punching on this page.

I used the Boys Will Be Boys collection pack on the page above. I went really minimalistic on the embellishments because I wanted to place a big emphasis on the photo. Echo Park’s darling sailboat patterned paper and embellishments worked perfectly with the theme.

I have to be honest. I’m going to admit that I am now on my second Boys Will Be Boys kit. It just works so well with my son’s photos. I have made over 8 pages with this line. It’s no surprise that I would pick another layout with Boys Will Be Boys  to feature on this post. This layout is my absolute favorite that I’ve ever made with Echo Park paper!

I caught these photos of my son climbing up on the TV stand. He looked so proud of himself that I had to take photos before pulling him off of it. He is definitely all boy! I used the periods from the alphabet stickers as embellishments and I doodled some faux stitching to add detail.

So now you know! My favorite manufacturer is Echo Park. I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new CHA releases.

P.S. Don’t forget to check out the digital lines of Echo Park that are available at JessicaSprague.com. I’m on the creative team there and the digital papers and embellishments are just as yummy as the paper versions!

Wood Grain Thank you

5 comments:

luv2scrapinmt said...

Ohhh, me too, me too. I also love Jillibean Soup and lately Bella Blvd. and Little Yellow Bicycle. But I am rambling... Have a great day Heather!

artfuldelight said...

Oh wow, fabulous LO's you rocked the Echo Park collections.

Amanda Sevall said...

I don't know if I could choose just one.... that's tough! I'd have to say I've been leaning towards the Cosmo Cricket though. I was super excited to pick up Mr. Campy and the Garden one for $1 each last week and this week in digi at JS!! ;) What a cute post!!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

very cute. you always rock the echo park!

rockwelldesigns said...

Wow, love these layouts. I especially like the one with the green polka dot paper. The photograph is so striking in contrast to it.