Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What Just Happened?

This past Saturday Alexis rode her horse, Cody for hippotherapy again. It was so hot that Cody got a hose down after the lesson! Alexis had a wonderful time “giving him a bath”. I think she liked bathing him more than riding. It was really cute.

DSC05948

Brandon had a different sort of ride in mind. Ronnie’s cousin Pat rode his 4 wheeler over to watch Alexis’ therapy session. Brandon climbed on it after Pat got off of it. He sat on the 4 wheeler the entire time. It was the best babysitter ever! Now I’m trying to figure out how to fit a 4 wheeler in my house for babysitting purposes.

DSC05945

My Mom came over Sunday and brought an ice chest and and two huge bags of groceries just because she wanted to help. It was so sweet. She also gave me a super sweet card with enough money to pay for Brandon’s uniforms and backpack. She said it was fun getting to rescue me for once! I was so very thankful!

While my Mom was here, Ronnie went to “look” at trucks. Several hours later he drove up in this. So much for looking! Apparently he got a really good interest rate and it turned out to be bigger and cheaper than the car we had. I’m all about cheaper! He got rid of his Chevy Malibu and got this instead. When I asked him why he bought the truck he said, “I had truck envy.” Brandon always gets so excited when he sees my Mom’s truck and Ronnie wanted him to get excited over HIS truck. Brandon loves it! He calls it the “Brad Keselowski truck” because it’s the same color blue as his favorite NASCAR driver’s car. All of this boils down to one thing… boys are crazy!

 

2011-7-31

I haven’t said much about Alexis lately because I’ve been trying to get my thoughts in order. We went to get her test results last Thursday. She had SEVEN official diagnosis and FOUR possible ones. The major ones included oppositional defiant disorder, early onset bipolar, obsessive compulsive disorder, and ADHD. The major possible ones include reactive attachment disorder and fetal alcohol syndrome. Basically we knew that she would be receiving these official diagnosis, but seeing them all on paper and discussing them with the psychologist was really hard.

On top of dealing with that appointment, Alexis’ behavior at home has been deteriorating rapidly to the point where her psychiatrist recommended inpatient mental health care last night. The local hospital wouldn’t take her and they said that Alexis is probably a candidate for long term psychiatric care. I talked to her psychiatrist about everything  today and he said that we are going to try a few more medication adjustments. We do NOT want her to be in a long term care facility. We are desperately looking for ways to get around that.

Ronnie and I are basically in shock and are trying to cope one minute at a time. I haven’t been creating much of anything because my heart just isn’t in it lately. I have a few design team things to share that I’ve done in the past, but nothing from this week.

1: Week 26 Project 365 from 2011

1HeatherLandryWeek 26 (June 25, 2011 to July 1, 2011)WEB

Another week in my project 365! Crystal's templates make it so easy to keep up with my daily journaling and photos.

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 Paper Pack
Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 Candy Candy
Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 Element Pack
Flea Market Brads
4Ever Mini Kit
DESIGN 365 - A Year of Rubons
The {365 Challenge} Templates - July 2009
Antique Junk 40 Brushes

2: Super Amazing Fantastic Friends

This page is based on a sketch I created that will be available later this month. I used my Scraptastic Club August kit and add on called "Out Of Print". It features Basic Grey's Out Of Print line and embellishments! Everything on this page came from the kit and the add on except for the black bling flourish.

3: Eggstra Hard Hunt

I used my Scraptastic Club August kit and add on called "Out Of Print" to create this page. It's based on a sketch by the super talented Debbie Gaydos. I totally loved all of the alphas in the kit and add on this time around. It made it easy to do colorful title work! I added one piece of kraft cardstock and a tiny bit of black bling from my stash. I loved the text that Basic Grey incorporated into these papers and embellies.

The story behind the photos was that my cousins hid the Easter eggs for the kids this year and they made them a bit too hard to find. Some of them were on tractor tires and there was even one on the wall of one of my grandpa's trailers. We never did find all of the eggs!

I’ll be back later this week with another update. Hopefully, I’ll get inspired to scrap because it really helps me relieve stress. I could really use that right about now!

Wood Grain Thank you

7 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

So sad for you Heather. What a difficult decision you and Ronnie have in front of you - one no one should ever be faced with. Hang in there and stay strong. You're great parents and I know that you will make the best choices for her. She's a lucky little girl to have you two watching out for her in the world! Hugs -A

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

boys are stupid, you should have already known that. them and their envy. hee hee....glad alexis is enjoying hippotherapy. love your new projects (even if they aren't that new) continued hugs and prayers.

luv2scrapinmt said...

Heather, You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are not alone in your struggles with mental health issues. Doesn't help much but know that there are some awesome caregivers who can help your little girl. Take care, Karen

kim said...

sounds like a lot of stress over there. Hugs to you. I just was talking to someone that had their son in as long term facility. That would be so hard i think...I hope you find the best solutions. You guys are great parents.

Mitralee said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Those pages you posted are amazing. Please keep it up!

Moondust47 said...

So sorry to hear. Will keep you in my thoughts. Life can be difficult with just one of those diagnosis but that onslaught is unthinkable. Hope your scrappy juice gets back to flowing, release is necessary!

Amelia said...

so sweet of your mom Heather ;) sorry to hear about Alexis...take care!