Friday, September 23, 2011

Best In Show

I have a few layouts to share today! I got an email about a week ago from Suzy. She wanted to feature one of my sketches on her blog and on the A Walk Down Memory Lane blog where she’s on the design team. She created a page for the feature using this sketch.

hawaii on the deck double

I love her use of the Fancy Pants paper and those little fish are too cute. The swirls and flourishes really add a lot of movement to the page and I also really like how she tilted her photos and journaling! Thanks for letting me share your page Suzy.

I also got an email from Sarah the other day. She purchased a commercial use license for my Christmas Tree Templates and she’s using them to create super cute cards in her Etsy store. Be sure to head over there and check out the adorable Halloween cards she makes too!

il_570xN.272353355

Vija made another amazing travel layout with the same sketch she used in the last post. (Scroll down for details on that!) I absolutely adore the tissue paper she used on this page and the amazing punch work. The photo is awesome too! See what I mean about traveling with her through her pages? So cool.

uscopy4_1

I have two pages of my own to share! Sharing two seems a little pitiful for an entire weeks’ work but it’s all I have. I’m a slacker this week!

1: Little Princess

26HeatherLandry_LittlePrincessWEB

If you would like to read the journaling you can click on the image to make it larger. Also, you can find complete credits for this page here. I loved using the second set of Jodie Lee’s Artistic Frames.

2: The Best In Show

HL_TheBestInShow

I created this page for the Sept. Surprise Chippie challenge. This was my first month participating and we had to emboss the chipboard piece. Talk about an adventure! I colored it and then tried to emboss it with Utee. My Utee looked cloudy and bumpy. I just do NOT do well with that stuff! I ended up using alcohol inks over the top of the messy Utee and then running it through my Cuttlebug so it would count as dry embossing. I am grateful to be finished with it! LOL

Journaling: Even though Jordan placed fourth in her last horse show, she's always the "best in show" to me. She did an amazing job riding on Stella. Apr. 2011

My design was inspired by a Debbie Gaydos sketch. I used PILES of Cosmo Cricket goodies on this layout! The horse chipboard is from 3 Tails Crafts.

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

They're beautiful! And two completed would be a good week for me!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

beautiful projects. thanks for sharing.

Just Jaime said...

Sweet pages. You have such a great aethstetic!

KarenSue said...

LOVE your layouts, esp Best in Show

Suzy said...

Awesome layouts and card, Heather! Thanks for sharing some great inspiration and including my layout. Now a follower! ;)
Suzy

Paisley Petals said...

Everyone's layouts are wonderful! The Christmas Tree Template looks fun!!

Mitralee said...

Your layouts alway have such nice flow! Thanks so much for sharing them!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

LOL, slacker is not a word I would ever use for you. Wonderful layouts....