Monday, September 19, 2011

Playing Catch Up!

I’m running behind on posting scrapbook pages again so here goes… I have two beautiful pages from friends to share. I always love to see the different takes on my sketches. We all start with the same idea and then end up with unique creations!

Sharon made this beautiful page with a photo of the morning sunrise reflecting in the windows of her shed. I can’t wait to see the other photos she took that morning! The colors here are so lovely and I just LOVE the metallic orange mesh she added as accents on the page. She used the sketch I posted here.

Fritchey(Sharon)August Sketch Temp1

Marlene is one of my most loyal followers! She has made so many amazing pages with my sketches and I am really grateful that she likes them so much. This page about her two kids is adorable. I love the little tabs on the side of the photo and the way she did the journaling. It’s perfect for this whimsical page! She used sketch #2 as inspiration for her layout.

sibs4_1

I have a few pages of my own to share as well. I had a few minutes here and there this week and I managed to come up with three different projects. If I didn’t have my design teams to inspire me I don’t know what I would do when I get into a scrappy rut! Just having the obligation to scrap makes me sit down and start creating. I always end up making something I love even if I’m not into it at first. It’s funny how that happens!

1: Inherited Love

19HeatherLandryInherited LoveWEB

My husband took this photo of Jordan and I curled up in his recliner reading. It's definitely a BIG thing that Jordan inherited from me. She absolutely loves to read. She's 7 and reads on a 4th grade level!

Supplies:
Jodie Lee's Vintage Coffee Brushes
Jessica Sprague Template+ 1.03
Jodie Lee's Ooh La La Collection
Fonts: Vintage + Century Gothic

2: You Are My Favorite Thing About Today

The colors in the September Scraptastic Club kit called "A Walk In The Garden" were perfect with these Easter photos of my kiddos. This page was inspired by sketch #60 from Susan Stringfellow and then I flipped it and embellished the living goodness out of it!

Journaling: Our annual family egg hunt... April 2011.

I also took a close up shot of the die cut flower I put together.

3: Spring Has Sprung Banner

When I saw the mini burlap banner in the September "A Walk In The Garden" kit from Scraptastic Club I knew I had to use it to make a banner. This is what I came up with! I loved how easy it was to work with the feminine colors and the floral accents that came in the main kit and add on.

That’s all for now! I’ll be back soon with another post. Due to all of the chaos with Alexis being hospitalized I will not be offering sketches or templates this month. Everything will go back to “normal” in October!

Wood Grain Thank you

7 comments:

Just Jaime said...

I looooove the flowers on the Easter layout! Beautiful!

Sharon (Fritchey) said...

I love them all, Heather! Thanks so much for posting my layout here - so cool!!!!! I am loving all of your sketches and am going to make a layout with your latest soon, too!!!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love, love, love your projects! you are so awesome sharing other crafter's projects on your blog! glad you have found some time to catch up.

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE "You are my favorite thing about today". Absolutely gorgeous!

Mitralee said...

Goodness! I thought my favorite layout of yours was the superhero one but now the red and black one is fighting for that spot!!! That needs to be published in the worst way!

Sue said...

Wow, all are so gorgeous! Love how everyone has a different take on a sketch, makes them so much fun!
Because you are such an amazing blogger and talented scrapper I am passing on this award to you! Please visit http://4scrappitite.blogspot.com/2011/09/butterfly-award.html to claim your award :)

Izzyb said...

All of your projects are amazing. I love the guest designer layouts too. Beautiful work, all.