Wednesday, September 21, 2011

“Romanse” Is Not Dead

A few days ago I had a really bad night. I was really upset about some of Alexis’ behaviors and I ended up crying. Jordan got worried by the fact that I was crying and she told Ronnie that he needed to “do some romanse” to make me feel better. I told her that it wasn’t her job to make me feel better, but she absolutely insisted.

She wrote up a whole list of romantic things Ronnie could do to make me feel better. I particularly liked the “colme down” and the “get Mom to stop crying” part.

IMG_0002

Kissing and saying I love you makes sense… I don’t get the buying snacks thing. Unless you count chocolate. I’m all over that!

IMG_0001 copy

I think Ronnie’s favorite was the “dance slow” activity. When the romantic date was over he had to tuck me into bed and read me a bed time story. We chose “Go Dog Go” by Dr. Seuss. It’s actually very romantic. (In the end… he DOES like her hat. I always thought he was mean for saying he didn’t like it in the first place. Why didn’t he just lie and say the hat was fine? That’s a typical man for you!)

This is the kind of little thing I want to remember for a long time. I’m so glad I have this blog to document all of these little moments that make life so very awesome.

Wood Grain Thank you

7 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Oh my gosh, Jordan is such a sweetie! I love her list

April said...

How amazingly sweet. :) I'm glad you've got them both to take care of you Heather...and I'm really sorry things have been so rough for you lately. I'll say a prayer for you hon...
- April

Cindy deRosier said...

OMG, I'm laughing so much about this! You have to save this to give to Jordan's fiance someday.

The absolute best part was "Go Dog Go." It's a favorite around here and I have always missed the romantic possibilities it offers. "A dog party! It's a dog party!" Romantic gold! For the record, the author is P.D. Eastman. Love his stuff. He's so romantic!

Mitralee said...

YOU LUCKY GIRL! I want a bed time story! This cracked me up today!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

so cute! what a sweetie.

Paisley Petals said...

How cute is that?!

Sand and Sunshine said...

As an adult a couple of years ago or was in sooner? It all runs together! Anyway I noticed that as well about Go Dogs Go. Sounds like you needed the time and they both gave you something to cherish and warm your heart.